Windows 10: Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903

Discus and support Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903 in Cortana to solve the problem; After a recent windows update when ibtype anywhere other than the Cortana windows a box similar to tge chrome search text box appears. it allows me to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by walt peifer, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903

After a recent windows update when ibtype anywhere other than the Cortana windows a box similar to tge chrome search text box appears. it allows me to type a max of 4 characters before it closes and rropens. so far the issue appear in edge, chrome, firefox, notepad and word

:)

walt peifer, Aug 3, 2020

2. Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser

Recently upgraded to Windows 10. In Edge, chrome and desktop the search box activates itself. Typing in any browser the find on page function just starts. When computer is idle the search box activates. The mouse click does not work to close the box.
    I have to hit escape key. Just in this short post the problem has happened several times

WilliamArcherXM, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser

I restarted in safe mode and problem still exist. After booting in safe mode with networking I let the computer sit and within a couple of minutes the search box opened by itself. I was not typing. After restarting back regular mode the search box in
    this browser has taken over 3 times while typing this reply.

WilliamArcherXM, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903

Search box opens by itself on browser on windows 10

Hello, ShirishShringare,

Are you meaning that once you type in Search box on IE 11, you see Search Suggestions appear?

Do you see the option to Turn Off Search Suggestions at the bottom of the list?

Click on that link.

To turn off Inline Auto Complete follow the steps found
    here

What is the behavior you expect when pressing

Shift + C

Shift + D

Shift + E

IE 11 Keyboard Shortcuts

Smittychat., Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903

1. Search box opens by itself on desktop and browser Recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro v 1903 - Similar Threads - Search box opens

2. Search Box is not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Box is not opening in Windows 10: Hello!My search box is not opening in Windows 10 can you fix it??It is showing only borders of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-is-not-opening-in-windows-10/74995cf1-418c-4d3c-9cd7-a5b307085bf2
  3. Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10: Improving your search experience We’re rolling out a change to display some of your recent searches when you open Windows Search Box, to make them easy to get back to. This change is rolling out server-side to everyone on version 1809 and higher: The recent...
  4. WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 upgrade from V 1903 to V 2004: I recently purchased an HP Envy Laptop and it came installed with V. 1903 Build 18362.778, install date 03/17/20. EDGE version is 84.0.522.44. I have Windows Updates paused thru 02/08/21. My Laptop & Windows & Applications are working just fine. I create manual...
  5. Windows 10 search box text changing by itself

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box text changing by itself: I recently have been having an issue with my search box text in Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.628 where my search box text changes randomly from the default "Type here to search" to just "Start a search". This issue happens whenever I restart my computer or sign out and...
  6. Windows 10 v 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v 1903: I can't upgrade to Windows 10 v 1903. I can download it and it will try to install it. When I get the message that my computer needs to shut down and does so, I get the following message: "Boot Manager recovered from an error. Boot Manager has restored Boot Priority from...
  7. Windows 1903 upgrade uninstalled itself?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 1903 upgrade uninstalled itself?: Hey so something weird happened almost over a week ago. I had decided to postpone the 1903 update to Monday the 2nd since I had things to do on my Computer. Well on Sunday morning (September 1st) when I woke my PC up the update and restart option disappeared so I checked my...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1903 Search Box Cannot Access Web Search.: Is web search in Win 10 Search Box permanently disabled? I have the 1903 version and the Search Box cannot do web search no matter what i do. Does anyone have the same issue? By the way, there isn't an "Enable" or "Disable" option for Web search under Search or Cortana. 135829
  9. Cloud search in Windows 10 v 1903 no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloud search in Windows 10 v 1903 no longer working: In the past, you used to be able to do simple math or web searches in Cortana (when search and Cortana were one) and have the results show up in the right hand side of the search pane. However, after upgrading to version 1903--where search and Cortana have been separated),...
  10. Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro: I was running Windows 7 Pro and recently (March 26/19) upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I had 2 Hard drives install, (C: - Disk 0), being the MBR and primary drive, and the other (D: - Disk 1) was an additional 320 GB that I was using as a storage for Backup and Restore purposes....