Windows 10: Search Box Vanished In Edge

Discus and support Search Box Vanished In Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Been using Edge browser since it first became available, with little or no problems......but this is doing my head in....the search box has... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Del 80, May 26, 2017.

1. Del 80 Win User

Search Box Vanished In Edge

Hi, Been using Edge browser since it first became available, with little or no problems......but this is doing my head in....the search box has disappeared from the new tab page, I am running two laptops, both with exactly the same settings....one still shows the search box, the other does not, anyone know how this is possible and how to get it back ?......Del.

:)

Del 80, May 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 search bar disappears when i go to type

So the gentleman replies w/ requested information and you vanish like the words typed in the search box?

seanwhite2, May 26, 2017
  3. skaizun Win User
    Desktop Icons (Windows 10)

I don't have the problem with the desktop icons,

but I cannot move the Start box icons without having them

jump lower or higher than where I wanted,

and, in one case, vanishing altogther when it got near the bottom edge of the box.

I had to re-pin it to get it back in the Start box.

skaizun, May 26, 2017
  4. Del 80 Win User

The search box should appear here, but on second laptop it has vanished.......
    Search Box Vanished In Edge [​IMG]

Del 80, May 26, 2017
  5. Ghost in the machine? *Smile

Have you installed any new software on the one machine? Have you tried a resetting Edge? Ran any malware/spyware tests? A little more information will help us help you.

indianacarnie, May 26, 2017
  6. Del 80 Win User
    Not got any malware, or spyware.....not installed any new software.....I THINK this happened after receiving updates from Microsoft, how do I re-set edge browser please ?.......

Del 80, May 26, 2017
  7. Del 80 Win User
    O.k.....have re-set Edge, and.......search box has re-appeared, thanks for the advice, it working o.k. now.......Del.

Del 80, May 26, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Most browsers incorporate search from the address bar, just sayin.

Edwin, May 26, 2017
  9. Del 80 Win User
    Hi...Sorry for returning to an old thread, but my search box has vanished from the new tab page again....this time on BOTH laptops......don't know what else to try, to fix this, any ideas most welcome......Del.

Del 80, Jun 28, 2017
  10. FerchogtX Win User
    Seems the last cumulative updates cripple the search box on Edge... weid stuff... I have the same exact problem, but only if you use the "blank page" on new tabs, if you enable news feeds and all the uselss stuff, the serch box is back.

Man... this are really funny bugs...

FerchogtX, Jun 28, 2017
  11. Del 80 Win User
    Yes definitely weird......I mean that search box has been there for over a year, then suddenly vanishes......is there any way around the problem ? does anyone know ?

Del 80, Jun 29, 2017
  12. FerchogtX Win User
    I think I got it back... check your internet explorer settings (yeah, IE), and in the tabs settings, set the page to "Tabs Page" Instead of the news feeds, I dunno if that could do the trick for you...

FerchogtX, Jun 29, 2017
  13. Del 80 Win User

Thanks for that, but I only use the Edge browser and sometimes Chrome......I haven't used IE in years.

Del 80, Jun 29, 2017
  14. FerchogtX Win User
    That's the point, just configure IE and leave it... supposedly that should fix the search bar thing... I hope

FerchogtX, Jun 30, 2017
  15. Del 80 Win User
    Nope, don't make any difference......seriously thinking about going back to Chrome.....unless anyone has any other ideas........Del

Del 80, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Search Box Vanished In Edge - Similar Threads - Search Box Vanished

2. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text only works with Edge search box: There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No...
  3. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech to text only works with Edge search box: There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No...
  4. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vanishing Search Results: I have an old hard drive on a usb connection.As anyone knows, if you do a desktop/PC folder or a hard drive search, that little progress bar flies to the right at near supersonic speed, then takes an hour or more going that last 1/8th of an inch just to the right of the "X."...
  5. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vanishing Search Results: I have an old hard drive on a usb connection.As anyone knows, if you do a desktop/PC folder or a hard drive search, that little progress bar flies to the right at near supersonic speed, then takes an hour or more going that last 1/8th of an inch just to the right of the "X."...
  6. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start box vanished from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start box vanished from Taskbar: Can anyone. please, help me to recover it? 21H1 182843
  8. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  9. Edge weather vanished.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge weather vanished.: I have been away and turned off my computer, router and all. I now find having turned everything on again that when I open Edge the weather and sport that used to appear top right on home page has vanished. How can I get it back please? 109585
  10. microsoft edge and search box not working

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft edge and search box not working: All was working a couple of days ago, now today I can not access edge. double click nothing, went to task bar and cannot enter anything into the "Search the web and windows" then went to windows icon and do not see/get the apps What has happened? Tried to get to updates...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my serch box not showing anything