Windows 10: Search Boxes

Discus and support Search Boxes in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, no text appears in any of the windows search boxes including Edge, windows store app, the search box on the taskbar or within any open windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Stu_84, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Stu_84 Win User

Search Boxes

Hello, no text appears in any of the windows search boxes including Edge, windows store app, the search box on the taskbar or within any open windows when my documents are open etc

Text appears when I type commands when using Win+R.

I have searched for fixes and tried all the common ones ctfmon and copying and pasting the commands in powershell etc but none of them work.

Thanks in advance

Stu.

:)

Stu_84, Apr 27, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Search Boxes

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Search Boxes

1. Search Boxes - Similar Threads - Search Boxes

2. Explorer Search Box Return to All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Box Return to All Files: I have recently noticed a change in behaviour (Or I might have even changed some settings) with the search box on the top right corner of the explorer window. I used to search for a file name and it would return the search and when I clicked on the X it would return all files...
  3. I have the same outlook, 2019 as a co-worker. My search box recently moved to the top right...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have the same outlook, 2019 as a co-worker. My search box recently moved to the top right...: submitted by /u/Trumplicksmybutthole [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0z3pm/i_have_the_same_outlook_2019_as_a_coworker_my/
  4. I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't click windows button, open setting, notification and type something in search Box: Hi, i got very unpleasant with latest update in my windows 10 OS. I 1 I was clicking windows button in left bottom area on the screen or clicking windows button on keyboard, nothing happened, 2 can not type any word in search box 3 can not open setting using windows key +...
  5. The Search box in File Explorer has changed. Can't search for items by date anymore. Is it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Search box in File Explorer has changed. Can't search for items by date anymore. Is it...: Ever since the last couple of updates in Windows the Search function in File Explorer has changed. It used to be that when I wanted to do a search in my Pictures or Documents folder I would click in the Search box in the upper right corner and it would show the last 3 or 4...
  6. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  7. Windows 10 search box goes black unless Explorer.exe is run as administrator

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box goes black unless Explorer.exe is run as administrator: We have encountered an issue with two laptops where the search box goes black when you click in it. Also the available WIFI screen is black. If you kill "explorer.exe" and then run it again as administrator the issue goes away. Has anyone encountered this same issue and...
  8. There is an annoying grey box whenever I search for something in the Start menu, does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is an annoying grey box whenever I search for something in the Start menu, does...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViperBurstYahir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joi7ix/there_is_an_annoying_grey_box_whenever_i_search/
  9. Search box not shown

in Cortana
    Search box not shown: I have been having problems in which I do not have the option to switch to search box in my Lenovo laptop. I used to have the option to do this but after I just opened my computer this morning, I found that my search box have been switch to search icon and when I tried to...
  10. Search box version # 20H2 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box version # 20H2 Windows 10: My search box does not work at all. I have been all over the net with all kinds of "solutions" but none of them fixed my problem. Is there any one who knows whats going on and will be able to fix this. It is giving me a headache and I am just about to reset this PC. Please...