Windows 10: Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

Discus and support Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update in Cortana to solve the problem; Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar -... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Help Please ~, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update?
    - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar

- Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search

- Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click

- Start Menu unable to scroll down will restart the start menu if attempt to scroll down on it

Thank you!

:)

Help Please ~, Jun 30, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 30, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 30, 2020
  4. gabgab Win User

Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

Sharing folders broken after Feature update to Windows 10, ver 1709

hi guys,

so I was searching for the past 3 hours for a concrete solution for this... here's the scenario, I have one win10 PC and 2 win 7 PCs over Ethernet, all working decently, until today I noticed that the other win 7 comps cannot see the win 10 comp under the network... after fiddling quite a bit I came across these suggestions:

Look for the following services in the list:

· DNS Client
    · Function Discovery Provider Host
    · Function Discovery Resource Publication
    · Peer Networking Grouping
    · HomeGroup Provider
    · HomeGroup Listener
    · SSDP Discovery
    · UPnP Device Host

1. I reset each of these settings FROM "Manual" TO "Automatic" one by one.

Which actually did the trick of making the win10 machine "appear" under network list but then I cannot access the shares. tried to reset services, few other things but what makes it work is if I go under the network card and tick / untick the "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks", then it magically works..

it's not great but it does the job for now.... anyone has any ideas? I can tell this happened after the Fall Update, version 16299 that I did not too long ago...

thanks!
    Gab
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update [​IMG]

gabgab, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

1. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update - Similar Threads - Search Broken v2004

2. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Quick Search Broken after Windows Update: Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to load the app.All of it without touching the mouse.After the update, all I can do is:1. Press the Windows Key2. Try to type but...
  3. Start Menu, Search, and Taskbar All Broken after June 2021 Feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Search, and Taskbar All Broken after June 2021 Feature update: All the taskbar components and windows apps have all stopped working, when I load onto my main profile the taskbar and all related components are unresponsive. However when I open the admin profile everything works fine. I cannot access cmd or powershell on my main profile...
  4. Latest feature update is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  5. Stop install of Feature Update v2004

Stop install of Feature Update v2004: I have Windows 10 Professional and v2004 Feature update installed but caused sleep issues and problems with some of my apps so I rolled it back and went to settings to deferred Feature Updates to 180 days. BUT the next morning [today] v2004 again downloaded and awaiting...
  6. Error Installing Windows Feature Update v2004

Error Installing Windows Feature Update v2004: I am not being able to install feature update for windows 10 version 2004. The update downloads and installs up to 100% and exits without any errors. But the update error is shown at the update history page. I have tried: 1. Using Windows Update Troubleshooter 2. Using sfc...
  7. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?: Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new...
  8. Broken local network connection after v2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken local network connection after v2004 update: Hi I have been using four systems on a home network for several years. It consists of a Windows 10 Enterprise PC; a Windows 10 Professional PC, and a dual boot PC with both systems also Windows 10 Professional. All are 64-bit and all have been updated to the latest v2004...
  9. Local disk search broken after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local disk search broken after update: After the latest update, when you search from the explorer window it does not find anything from local disk. What is funny, for my mounted onedrive disk (and downloade offline files) the search works as intended. No changes in the indexing and search options comparing with...
  10. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

in Windows 10 Support
    Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile: I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a...