Windows 10: search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update

Discus and support search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update in Cortana to solve the problem; search button and cotana does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update. Help, thanks.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JamesGearhart, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM.

1. search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update

search button and cotana does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update. Help, thanks.

:)

JamesGearhart, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:57 PM
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

4. Ahhzz Win User

search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Thema:

search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update

1. search button does not take typing after windows aug 2019 update - Similar Threads - search button does

2. Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Aug 9, 2019 Update bugs: I downloaded and installed the "critical" Windows update on August 9. Backblaze would not start until the 18th. Dropbox still will not start. Outlook says "Outlook data file cannot be accessed." So, I have no new email since the update except with my outlook account....
  3. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"
  4. No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sleep Button in Start Menu After Windows 10 April 2019 Update: So, I just installed the Windows 10 April 2019 update, and the first thing that I immediately noticed was that the Sleep button is no longer available on the Start menu. Here's a photo to give you an idea of what I see: [IMG] I've tried searching for what happened, but...
  5. Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work: Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work. Tried quite a number of "fixes" online; none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-box-cortana-does-not-work/640dcbf5-0982-440b-ad5d-a31b4295684e"
  6. Windows Search button pops up when I type in any program

in Cortana
    Windows Search button pops up when I type in any program: If I start typing in any software (i.e. Word, Outlook, even in this very window), the moment I type the letters "re", the Windows Search window pops up, hijacking the focus from whatever software I am using. It did it twice as I type this very message. This is very annoying...
  7. windows button does not work since update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows button does not work since update.: Ever since the update installed I can't use the windows button to exit game. I use steam, playing Alan Wake I could use the windows button to get to my desktop, but now it does nothing. To exit the game I have to hold down the power button for a complete reboot. esc. does...
  8. Searching for updates takes very long

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Searching for updates takes very long: Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem? Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now. 84565
  9. Can't type in search and IE after update

in Browsers and Email
    Can't type in search and IE after update: Fresh install of Windows. Did the updates. After the last updates and a restart, now all of a sudden I can't type in the Search field anymore, and I also can't type in the address bar in Internet explorer. But I can type if I create a notepad, and I can type if I open the...
  10. Search window does not appear after last night's update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search window does not appear after last night's update: Hi Not long time ago I upgraded to build 1607. Search window was working as expected. This morning I noticed that my computer was restarted without any previous notice and apparently there were some updates. One of them failed to be installed so I re-installed it. Even...