Windows 10: Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

Discus and support Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TiaVaghela, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar.

:)

TiaVaghela, Jun 22, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Taskbar search button

Hi Barb

Right click your Taskbar, choose Search - Show Search Icon

If you want the fill search Box, choose Search - Show Search Box

If you do not see the 'ShowSearch Box option, right click your Taskbar, choose Taskbar Settings - Turn off 'Use Small Taskbar Buttons

That's It!

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jun 22, 2021
  4. I_askYou Win User

Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

1. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Search button showing

2. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show search highlights not working. What do I do?: I have a Window 10 and my show search highlights is enabled but the icon does not show nor does it show anything when I click on the search bar. How do I fix this? I have tried disabling show search highlights wait a while then turn it back on but nothing happens....
  3. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show search highlights not working. What do I do?: I have a Window 10 and my show search highlights is enabled but the icon does not show nor does it show anything when I click on the search bar. How do I fix this? I have tried disabling show search highlights wait a while then turn it back on but nothing happens....
  4. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I EASILY put a button on my taskbar that shows desktop?: Without having to jump through a million flaming hoops, HOW DO I ADD A DESKTOP ICON TO MY TASKBAR IN LATEST WINDOWS 10 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-easily-put-a-button-on-my-taskbar-that/a68572ff-6cee-4eb9-aaeb-7c739d83453a
  6. I was wondering what this button do?

I was wondering what this button do?: What does this desktop button do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-wondering-what-this-button-do/c1eb1486-d20a-43e4-9306-e4f5ef538b83
  7. The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?

in Cortana
    The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do?: The search button on the taskbar does not work, the type box does not appear. What I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-button-on-the-taskbar-does-not-work-the/ea57fb73-643a-48b5-88d9-2f6f56f4ea2e
  8. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d
  9. How do I show the Taskbar?

How do I show the Taskbar?: How do I always show the taskbar? I don't have a keyboard so I use the on-screen one. I need to use my keyboard in an app that hides the taskbar....
  10. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button: I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is...