Windows 10: Search button not working and settings app not working.

Discus and support Search button not working and settings app not working. in Cortana to solve the problem; My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ͏ Dulvayne, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Search button not working and settings app not working.

My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation.

:)

͏ Dulvayne, Dec 9, 2022

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Dec 9, 2022
  4. weybrew Win User

Search button not working and settings app not working.

Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

Search button not working and settings app not working.

1. Search button not working and settings app not working. - Similar Threads - Search button working

2. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  3. Search button not working and settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search button not working and settings app not working.: My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working-and-settings-app-not/43a2205d-9c74-4ec9-936e-fb24c9b253fa
  4. Search button not working and settings app not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search button not working and settings app not working.: My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working-and-settings-app-not/43a2205d-9c74-4ec9-936e-fb24c9b253fa
  5. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  6. Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,: I believe I have the windows 11 update, but honestly I cant tell as the Settings, Search and Start button are all not working,I can right click the Start button to get some options, but most of those options won't work either. The Search and Settings buttons are completely...
  7. Settings App '+' buttons not working

Settings App '+' buttons not working: Hello, In my settings app on Windows 10 Pro any buttons which appear as a square box with a '+' in the middle are not functioning. I have verified that "Add a family member" "Add someone else to this PC" "Add an account" "Connect" in Access work or school account and...
  8. search button not working

in Cortana
    search button not working: I can't get the search button to work on my taskbar or when wanting to search documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working/0e0676d2-d025-4c93-90bf-38fe4312e468
  9. The search button is not working

in Cortana
    The search button is not working: I am a normal windows 10 user using it for more than 2 years i got many problems but it get solved either after restarting or doing some thing from youtube but i hate this one in the bottom left corner to the right of the windows start icon that search button is not working...
  10. Search in Settings App does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search in Settings App does not work: When I type something in the search box in the settings app, such as cmd, nothing returns and it states that it cannot find anything. This has never happened to me before and I have tried everything except reinstall which I'm not going to do anytime soon. Reinstall is too...