Windows 10: Search cannot find files

Discus and support Search cannot find files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have hundreds of videos but when I try to search for them by using IN this PC the Kind:=video command the search come up empty. It simply cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tanzanos, Aug 13, 2015.

1. tanzanos Win User

Search cannot find files

I have hundreds of videos but when I try to search for them by using IN this PC the Kind:=video command the search come up empty. It simply cannot find anything I ask it to search for. I do not want to use third party search applications. I just want it to work.
    Does anyone have a solution?

:)

tanzanos, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Becky316 Win User

Search a notepad file, cannot find it

Original title: NOTEPAD

Thanks Mr. Smith for answering my question. But I don't know what file that I saved this song in.

Becky316, Aug 13, 2015
  3. RajithR Win User
    Search a notepad file, cannot find it

Hi Becky,

Here's the thread where 'Smithtopher' replied to you:

NOTEPAD ON WINDOW 10

Thank you for the update. Feel free to post if you have any queries with Windows in the future, we will be happy to help.

RajithR, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Wiking Win User

Search cannot find files

Windows 10 search is broken. It only search on the drive, where windows 10 is installed - I have 2 disk, but I cant get it to search the second disk.

Wiking, Sep 16, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if Windows search won't work for you try Locate32 (which indexes fast and searches content), Everything (more basic)...for example.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    But focussing on (file) explorer, here's how it should work:
    In explorer click the Search tab, then choose
    Advanced Options
    Change Indexed Locations
    Modify
    - and add the partitions/disks etc you wish to index.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Search cannot find files

1. Search cannot find files - Similar Threads - Search cannot find

2. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  3. I cannot find visual search on the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot find visual search on the search bar: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kkzn5rhc9u261.png?width=831&format=png&auto=webp&s=3c8bd28e2da5fcdbbfa8e4b16bf85923484317ec submitted by /u/itsmemhassni [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5ig67/i_cannot_find_visual_search_on_the_search_bar/
  4. Cannot Find File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Find File: [ATTACH] When I sign in, after a few seconds, I have started getting a message 'Windows Cannot Find File Microsoft.549981C...\Win32Bridge.Server.exe". See Capture. When I click OK I am able to work without problem. Or have I not discovered the problem yet?. This started...
  5. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...
  6. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  7. File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there

File explorer search not finding files that are obviously there: When in the file explorer normally I can find files easily by doing control-F then typing in a few letters or if looking for a specific type using type:.zip for example. On my new Windows 10 machine (purchased just a few weeks ago) this doesn't work. See the video below for...
  8. cannot find file

cannot find file: I cant open this specific word document even though I saved it, it's coming up with the message seen in the subject. it is so frustrating and I think it is because it was saved with a file already with the same name, is there any way I can get it back?...
  9. Win 10 Search cannot find some of my new files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Search cannot find some of my new files: I recently completed my upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However I now notice that when I save some files, Win 10 does not seem to be able to find them. When I use search I get the following message: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff."...
  10. Search not finding all files

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding all files: Hi everyone, We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formated or deleted any data on the HDD and the...