Windows 10: SEARCH closes before can type anything

Discus and support SEARCH closes before can type anything in Cortana to solve the problem; I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JACKIEB2, Nov 18, 2020.

1. JACKIEB2 Win User

SEARCH closes before can type anything

I open search go to type and it closes. I found the fix but guess what you have to type Regedit in search first . What a joke as soon as you start to type it shuts down.

I brought a new laptop because the other perfectly good one would not update drivers for USB,printer after the last windows update.

Am sick to death of resetting solitaire and microsoft jigsaw who would even bother paying for them

I run windows 10 pro.

:)

JACKIEB2, Nov 18, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Jen.Q Win User
    start typing to search

Hi PaulPChou,

I'm Jen a Microsoft customer like you and an Independent Advisor here to help. Here are the things that you can do to troubleshoot Windows search.

Restart Windows search service

- Press the Windows button and letter R

- Type Services.msc in the Run dialog box

- Scroll down from the list and locate Windows search

- Right-click on it and select Restart

- Restart the computer and check if Windows search is working

You can also check this article and perform the suggested troubleshooting steps. Do the troubleshooting steps one by one and check if it fixes the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452014...

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Jen

Jen.Q, Nov 18, 2020
  4. SEARCH closes before can type anything

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

SEARCH closes before can type anything

1. SEARCH closes before can type anything - Similar Threads - SEARCH closes before

2. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Cortana
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  3. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  4. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  6. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  7. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
  8. type to search not working can not type in type to search

in Cortana
    type to search not working can not type in type to search: It randomly happened that i couldn't type in type to search bar and i tried doing sfc /scannow and it said some fiels are corruptedand said it repaired them but it didn't....
  9. Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar crashes before I can type anything: I have been having this problem for a while now and it is really annoying. I can't use my search bar at all. No matter what I try it will not fix. I'm already up to date with the current version of windows. Is there anything that can help me fix my problem? submitted by...
  10. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...