Windows 10: Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

Discus and support Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 365 and now whenever I type "Word" into the Search bar, the previous version of Word, "Word 2016," comes... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Paul.__, May 11, 2020.

1. Paul.__ Win User

Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

I recently upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 365 and now whenever I type "Word" into the Search bar, the previous version of Word, "Word 2016," comes up and the currently installed version does not. Word 2016 has been uninstalled.

I have tried rebuilding my search index through Indexing Options, Advanced, Rebuild. That did not make any difference.

Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items 87d92ed6-cc39-4a59-ad6d-1a07d6ecbbbf?upload=true.png Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items 4d8bfded-5530-41d3-8181-ee433a655323?upload=true.png

:)

Paul.__, May 11, 2020

2. Start menu search items not clickable

This has been mentioned a lot and even though I'm constantly forced to update with a count down or scheduling reminder (I've seen posts of supposedly how to disable automatic updates however never had the time to investigate doing it myself but not happy
    about how difficult the process is to disable it in W10P) I still don't see this problem getting addressed.

Problem: Search in start menu for random items result in un-clickable items. For example, type "remove" and the "Add or remove Programs" and "Uninstall a Program" options are listed at the top as one would expect but clicking on them does nothing.

Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items 3fcbe912-6637-4bb5-adf9-66201278cb39.jpg

Solution: Type "control" and the "Control Panel" option is listed and IS clickable. Then go to the sub option within the explorer control panel window.

Question: Why list items in the search result if they are not accessible? Is this intuitive? No.

Machine specific? Before suggesting this is a broken install it might help to know I can reproduce this on every W10 machine I've ever worked on of which exist in totally different environments, some were W8 upgrades...some were clean installs.

pingram3541, May 11, 2020
  3. No settings or control panel items in search.

I also had control panel items missing in Win 10 search.
    This forum post
    worked, now I can search for control panel items again!

Edit: Nevermind, I see this was already suggested 1 page back

Dirkvan der Laarse, May 11, 2020
  4. Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

Metro Apps Reinstalled Even After I Manually Uninstalled Them

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the status. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check if the applications/games are completely uninstalled by following the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
    • Check if the applications/games are displaying.
    • If they are displaying, select the item and click on Uninstall.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

1. Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items - Similar Threads - Search Displaying Uninstalled

2. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  3. Desktop missing items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop missing items: I lost my Recycle Bin icon. I tried to restore it and when I did, all the icons on my desktop.Some of these items were shortcuts, but many of them were actual files.HELP...
  4. pinned item missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinned item missing: I am wondering where is the pinned item located? I used to pin them and it shows on task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-item-missing/38b289e4-f148-4624-b570-7c92a4349146
  5. pinned item missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    pinned item missing: I am wondering where is the pinned item located? I used to pin them and it shows on task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-item-missing/38b289e4-f148-4624-b570-7c92a4349146
  6. Missing Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Taskbar Items: I am having this issue where my taskbar icons have disappeared completely along with some other icons in the taskbar such as the WiFi, Battery and Time options. However, as you can see, the drop-up button and the One Drive button are still there. Some other issues...
  7. There are no startup items to display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are no startup items to display: My startup in my task manager had been emptied for some reason. I have seen this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/task-manager-startup-there-are-no-startup-items-to/f1933c63-cf8c-4f2e-ab8f-1c7b234c44b4 But I got no Programs folder. I...
  8. Missing item in backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing item in backup: I've tried to get an answer on this before under a different heading but unsuccessfully. How can I resolve a backup issue where backup completes OK except for one so called missing file. The report tells me that...
  9. There are no startup item to display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There are no startup item to display: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I need help with startup item not showing It was started when i'm trying to cleanup start app folder, and now this happened, i just noticed it a while ago...
  10. Search items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search items not showing: Normally when you click the Windows key & type search words like "RUN" the corresponding programs show up. This is not happening now. All I am getting is a blank screen Screenshot attached. Windows 10 Home single language 64 bit 1909 18363.628 Vijay. [IMG]...