Windows 10: Search Documents

Discus and support Search Documents in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I remove an item from a Search Results list in Documents without deleting the file?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Chrisana, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Chrisana Win User

Search Documents

How can I remove an item from a Search Results list in Documents without deleting the file?

:)

Chrisana, Jun 7, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Stevekir Win User

Search Documents

document search

PDF is listed in the list you show in your post, but not iPDF. However, I seem to be getting better searches, as mentioned in my reply at #7. What is iPDF please? Where can I get it and where do I put it?

Stevekir, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Search Documents

1. Search Documents - Similar Threads - Search Documents

2. Search on my own computer for a document.

in Cortana
    Search on my own computer for a document.: I have a daily religious blog that I write in Microsoft Word, and categorize it by the month. Lately, when I try to find it in the desktop folder Writings old--it aint' there. How can I search my own computer for them? In fact, the last couple of months are just gone. Joris...
  3. Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier way to jump to document search than typing "doc:": Hi there, I know, the windows search isn't the best. But I try to optimize things/workflow and tried to figure out the fastest way to search for documents. By default it jumps right into web search if it can't find something immediately. But if you type "doc: " at the...
  4. When I search for a document in File Explorer it either finds it immediately or hangs...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I search for a document in File Explorer it either finds it immediately or hangs...: [ATTACH] When I search for a document in File Explorer it either finds it immediately or this green bar comes up, appearing to be a search in progress but will just hang on this 'almost finished' percentage forever. Why?...
  5. Windows Search Not Finding Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Not Finding Documents: I'm using Windows 10, and every time I search for a document in the search bar, nothing comes up except for Bing search results. This has been happening for a few days now and it may be due to some update as the search results look different than before. I tried running the...
  6. Search function regarding documents

Search function regarding documents: With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it correctly, it comes up after I hit "enter" but I regard this a bug, relative to the previous version of Windows 10....
  7. File is Indexed because it appears in subfolder search, but it does not appear in Document...

File is Indexed because it appears in subfolder search, but it does not appear in Document...: I know that a particular file must be indexed correctly because I can as a test do a File Explorer search of the subfolder it is in, using an unusual name in the file's contents, and I can thereby produce that file name as a search result. So in general terms, indexing must...
  8. Windows Search for documents should be opened locally instead on OneDrive

in Cortana
    Windows Search for documents should be opened locally instead on OneDrive: Dear Community, when I use the Windows-Button to search for e.g. Word or PDF documents, Edge is opened with a OneDrive link. The website tells me that the file is not available. Is it possible to open the file locally in the Explorer? Thank you very much for the answer!...
  9. Searching for items in documents: section dividers

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for items in documents: section dividers: v.1903; MS Office 2007 I do not recall making the change myself, but now, when I search for a folder or file, the list is in sections e.g A-H, 0-9. Quite simply, I would like to have an unbroken list to search through, but can't think how to achieve that. Your thoughts?...
  10. Searching a document in Windows 10

Searching a document in Windows 10: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 I an trying to search a large document folder for a specific visio file .vsd. So I opened File Explorer and selected the document folder. According to many solutions I have read, when I hover my cursor in the "Seach Documents Cell" to the...