Windows 10: Search does not find my documents (Windows 10)

Discus and support Search does not find my documents (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've a cloud drive linked to two computers. There's a document called "panoramio stats" on this cloud drive. When I press the windows button followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bert, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Bert Win User

Search does not find my documents (Windows 10)

I've a cloud drive linked to two computers. There's a document called "panoramio stats" on this cloud drive.
    When I press the windows button followed by "pano" the document is listed by the best matches. When I do the same on the other computer, then the document is not found untill I press "Search my stuff"
    I'd like of course that the document is found right away. What setting should I change?
    (Attached the screen shots of both start menus)

:)

2. PaulL23 Win User

windows 10, how to search for a file?

The magnifying glass gets me something called ASK.com, looks like Google. That does not help me find a file, a document on my hard drive. The magnifying glass does not search my computer for saved files. How does windows 10 provide a search function
    like it did in windows 7? I need it.

PaulL23, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job?

The Windows 10 Search function is completely useless! I have thousands of documents, spreadsheets and photos on multiple drives. Even with Indexing the Search function takes over 30 minutes to finish, even if I select a specific folder. And, normally
    never finds any documents matching the search key.

It is faster by manually looking through the File Explorer.

What a horrible change for Microsoft to incorporate. Why does Windows 10 have to search the world when my searches are only on my local drives? If I want to do an Internet search I will do so with a Browser Search Engine such as Bing or Google.

Time to find a Third Party Search App for Windows 10.

W_H_Anderson_69, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Search does not find my documents (Windows 10)

1. Search does not find my documents (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Search does find

2. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...: Search in C:\Users\Komninos\Downloads not showing any results in Windows Explorer.Same issue for Pictures, Documents, Downloads.I recently moved them from D , but I doubt that was it.They have the files in the, it just won't quick search.The quick search is not working for...
  3. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...: Search in C:\Users\Komninos\Downloads not showing any results in Windows Explorer.Same issue for Pictures, Documents, Downloads.I recently moved them from D , but I doubt that was it.They have the files in the, it just won't quick search.The quick search is not working for...
  4. Windows Explorer Search does not find anything on Pictures, Documents, Downloads folders...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find my documents using Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my documents using Search: Oh, my god, I hate Windows 11. What an abysmal program.New computer, unfortunately installed with it. Why in heaven's name can't I type a file name into the Search bar and get my damn files to come up? The only thing this horrid program will find is Favorites with whatever...
  6. Can't find my documents using Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my documents using Search: Oh, my god, I hate Windows 11. What an abysmal program.New computer, unfortunately installed with it. Why in heaven's name can't I type a file name into the Search bar and get my damn files to come up? The only thing this horrid program will find is Favorites with whatever...
  7. Windows 11 not finding any of my documents with file explorer search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not finding any of my documents with file explorer search?: Hello,I have all my documents at c:\documents - my documents points to this folder. Search used to work at that location as that is one of the first changes I make - had been working for about 6 months.I can search other folders for files and they work. I could probably move...
  8. Windows Search Not Finding Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Not Finding Documents: I'm using Windows 10, and every time I search for a document in the search bar, nothing comes up except for Bing search results. This has been happening for a few days now and it may be due to some update as the search results look different than before. I tried running the...
  9. Searching a document in Windows 10

Searching a document in Windows 10: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 I an trying to search a large document folder for a specific visio file .vsd. So I opened File Explorer and selected the document folder. According to many solutions I have read, when I hover my cursor in the "Seach Documents Cell" to the...
  10. Can't search documents using 'find' in Windows 10

Can't search documents using 'find' in Windows 10: Hi, I have a new PC with Windows 10 (previously had Windows 7). I could easily search any document in Windows 7 by hitting the 'find' option in the document and typing in a key word. In windows 10 the same process doesn't 'find' anything. Help please as I use this function a...