Windows 10: Search doesn't find executables that are idexed

Discus and support Search doesn't find executables that are idexed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Usually when you hit start and begin typing the name of the program you want to start, it shows up right away, right? I have a clean install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jonte157, Aug 1, 2015.

1. jonte157 Win User

Search doesn't find executables that are idexed

Hello
    Usually when you hit start and begin typing the name of the program you want to start, it shows up right away, right?
    I have a clean install of windows 10 on my C: drive and programs on the F: drive that are from when I used w7 (not ok i know but if a program stops working I'll just reinstall it), but when I search for Steam for example, it won't show up even if that folder is in the index and I even added steam to the start menu, so when I click start I can see steam there but it won't find it if I begin typing S-T-E.. you get the idea. Is there any way of including all programs in the search function or do I have to reinstall every program? This problem applies for every program that are on the F: drive and it seems unnecessary to add every program to the start menu just to be able to access them quickly, you know.

Answers are appreciated! *Biggrin

:)

jonte157, Aug 1, 2015

2. After 1511 Update Certain Apps on Taskbar and Start Menu Freeze

In my case, it happened only once (right after the Windows Update) and got fixed after searching for issues in the System Idexing as i reported. Since it, my computer is normal.

DanielCabrini, Aug 1, 2015
  3. windows 10 calculator won't open

Calculator shows up in the search box. I can find the executable file on the HDD, too. Still doesn't open.

Alex_30044, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Tapsa Win User

I'm having this exact same problem. In Windows 7 I was able to type any file, including executable names, into the start menu search and they were shown. With Windows 10 that just doesn't happen.

Tapsa, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Search doesn't find executables that are idexed - Similar Threads - Search doesn't find

2. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with finding an executable file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with finding an executable file: Hello,I recently bought Minecraft Legends and I wanted to make a desktop shortcut. there was no option to enable it in the installation menu so I've been looking for the folder. I looked all over my Program Files and Program Filesx86 folder and didn't find it. I tried...
  6. Issue with finding an executable file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with finding an executable file: Hello,I recently bought Minecraft Legends and I wanted to make a desktop shortcut. there was no option to enable it in the installation menu so I've been looking for the folder. I looked all over my Program Files and Program Filesx86 folder and didn't find it. I tried...
  7. Search bar doesn't find an installed app

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't find an installed app: Hello. I saw in control panel I have an aplicationamd radeon settings at uninstall sections. I right clicked on desktop and amd settings were not showing up. I went to start menu, and the app were not here, too. So I searched in the search bar for amd settings. Windows was...
  8. Search doesn't find web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't find web shortcuts: I have a program group that contains a bunch of shortcuts. Some are applications. Some are shortcut links to web pages or web-based control panels. The problem is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, searching doesn't find the web shortcuts. For example, "Password...
  9. Search doesn't search programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't search programs: Whenever I want to search for a specific program it doesn't show anything. For example if I search 'Steam' a program that exist in the OS, it will find nothing. I also noticed that it doesn't search files that aren't inside the OS drive. (A song on another HDD) Did...
  10. Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Doesn't Find Steam: The shortcut is here: [img] But if I search nothing comes up. It has not problems finding Blender and Skyrim ... [img] 6209