Windows 10: Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

Discus and support Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM.

1. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

/u/ashuraaz23, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

4. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 14, 2020 at 4:28 PM
Thema:

Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

1. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed. - Similar Threads - Search doesn't show

2. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  3. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  4. Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.: I want to uninstall iTunes from my computer so I can just run it from an external hard drive. When I go to Control Panel to do this it doesn't list iTunes as an installed program. I can open and run it though. When I right click on the iTunes icon on my task bar, I don't have...
  5. Search Index not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Index not working: I have tried so many different things on forums and I still cannot get my search index to work. Both my C and E drives are set for indexing. And the Search Index properties show no Locations as the Index is not running. My permissions are set for Local Administrator. I do...
  6. Search Index is not working!

in Cortana
    Search Index is not working!: My windows search index is not working, when I try to open options and rebuild index it shows waiting to receive indexing status... As you can see below, that's what I'm getting! Need help asap! [ATTACH]...
  7. Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 1803. I'm running mail version 16005.11001.20083.0. I don't see an option under control panel indexing for it. I have reindexed my computer - still no luck....
  8. My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My background is changing every hour, despite being set to change every 6 hours.: Under Settings > Personalization > Background, I have "Slideshow" selected. I have it set to Change Picture every "6 hours". But in actuality, the background is changing every hour. (In case it is needed, Shuffle is ON, and Allow Slideshow when on battery power is OFF.)...
  9. Search & Index problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Search & Index problem: Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions. I have specifically indexed only...
  10. "All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed: Random apps are not showing up in the "All Apps" section of the Start Menu after installing a clean version of Windows 10 (not an upgrade), and re-installing all my favorite software, In other words, finding a launcher to countless programs now means visiting "C:/Program...