Windows 10: Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

Discus and support Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

/u/ashuraaz23, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed.

1. Search doesn't show installed apps, despite hours of being re-indexed. - Similar Threads - Search doesn't show

2. Windows Search not working despite files being indexed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not working despite files being indexed: Nothing on my computer is showing up on Windows Search even though Windows says I have 399,778 files indexed. Classic search is checked. The drive these files are on has permission to be indexed. This is not a big issue for me thanks to Power Toys, which does a superb job of...
  3. Windows Search not working despite files being indexed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search not working despite files being indexed: Nothing on my computer is showing up on Windows Search even though Windows says I have 399,778 files indexed. Classic search is checked. The drive these files are on has permission to be indexed. This is not a big issue for me thanks to Power Toys, which does a superb job of...
  4. OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location

in Cortana
    OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location: Search for a file in Windows 10 does not provide any results though the search goes on forever. I have rebuilt the index several times but to no avail. Also OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location...
  5. How to re-enable search indexing?

How to re-enable search indexing?: Windows' search indexing used to work on my computer, but after a recent automatic update, it stopped working. Trying to re-enable search indexing to search for text content in files/documents on my computer isn't working. I've found many pages online describing how to do...
  6. Not showing update despite there being some

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing update despite there being some: Hi all. I have recently paused updates but I have now resumed them and it says up to date. However I know I need to get the March update for version 2004 which I was being prompted to up date to before I paused them. Are the any other methods to make windows check for...
  7. Searching is incredibly slow despite file indexation enabled

in Cortana
    Searching is incredibly slow despite file indexation enabled: Hi, I indexed some folders in my HDD folder but the searching is abnormally slow. With my last keyword, it takes 5 minute 30 seconds to find a folder containing the said keyword in its name while the folder is only three directory levels above the directory level where I...
  8. The search index doesn't work

in Cortana
    The search index doesn't work: The search index doesn't show anything and doesn't work at all and is extremely slow. I have tried all the tutorials and nothing works. I can't find the Cortana app either. I get this error message below, when trouble shooting the Search & Indexing. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program because it doesn't show as installed despite being able to run it.: I want to uninstall iTunes from my computer so I can just run it from an external hard drive. When I go to Control Panel to do this it doesn't list iTunes as an installed program. I can open and run it though. When I right click on the iTunes icon on my task bar, I don't have...
  10. Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed

Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 1803. I'm running mail version 16005.11001.20083.0. I don't see an option under control panel indexing for it. I have reindexed my computer - still no luck....