Windows 10: Search doesn't work

Discus and support Search doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically the title Windows-wide search stopped working for me about a month or 1.5 ago. I can't use the searchbar, I can't use the Windows Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedditZurah, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Search doesn't work

Basically the title

Windows-wide search stopped working for me about a month or 1.5 ago. I can't use the searchbar, I can't use the Windows Explorer search or the search in any of the settings menus / any other menu, basically, no Windows Search at all. It just won't let me type into the search field, and when I try, nothing happens.

What I tried already:- Restarting Windows Search process- Trying the regedit temporary fix with BingSearch etc.- Renewing the Search index- Probably some other things that I've found online, all to no avail

I really don't know what to do anymore, and since the Windows Search was something I used to use to launch basically every application (because I don't like using the Desktop much), it really is frustrating to know that it doesn't work.

I hope some of you here can help me with this, I'm really starting to become desperateThanks

submitted by /u/RedditZurah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedditZurah, Apr 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Search doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

Search doesn't work

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Search doesn't work

1. Search doesn't work - Similar Threads - Search doesn't

2. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  3. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore: Usually I pressed the Win key to open up the windows start menu and I typed any letters there to start searching for my apps and files.For example I usually type 'Win' then 'F' and 'Enter' to open File Explorer.The problem is that now the search box doesn't automatically...
  4. Windows search box doesn't automatically select the best result anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  6. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  7. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  8. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  9. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start button doesn't work, search icon doesn't work.: Hey, I started my PC today on Windows 10 to find my taskbar has no icons on it except for the windows start button and the search icon, along with a few other icons. I did not have this issue yesterday. None of the icons work except for the little "^" icon, I think that's...