Windows 10: Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers

Discus and support Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers in Cortana to solve the problem; Search Encrypt interferes with on line queries and sends me to a long selection of advertisers, not a way to answer simple questions. How do I turn... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dave1984BG, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers

Search Encrypt interferes with on line queries and sends me to a long selection of advertisers, not a way to answer simple questions. How do I turn off the useless Search Encrypt permanently?

:)

Dave1984BG, Nov 17, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Browser searches redirected

I'm seeing this problem on multiple computers; one at work and also my nephew's laptop. They will run a search in Google or whatever but when a link is clicked as a result of a search, whether it be to wikipedia or hotsneekylovin.com, the click is redirected to different sites, generally wanting you to buy some sort of merchandise. I've gone through cleanups, System Restores, and everything else I can think of without reinstalling to no avail because a feformat on the work comp would be like a 2 day process. Anyone had any success killing this?

DonInKansas, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers

Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers

1. Search Encrypt interferes with queries and redirects me to advertisers - Similar Threads - Search Encrypt interferes

2. Clicking the search bar redirects me to "My Feed". Why?

in Cortana
    Clicking the search bar redirects me to "My Feed". Why?: Right clicking the taskbar allows you to enable the search bar. Clicking on this search bar used to allow the user to look for programs on the computer or search the internet by typing something in. Now, clicking the search bar redirects to "my feed", which is incredibly...
  3. Clicking the search bar redirects me to "My Feed". Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking the search bar redirects me to "My Feed". Why?: Right clicking the taskbar allows you to enable the search bar. Clicking on this search bar used to allow the user to look for programs on the computer or search the internet by typing something in. Now, clicking the search bar redirects to "my feed", which is incredibly...
  4. Clicking the search bar redirects me to "My Feed". Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Redirect DNS query based on IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirect DNS query based on IP: Hi Everyone,I need help regarding the MS DNS server.I have 3 DNS servers in our organization. There are 2 groups in our environment, one is internal user and other are guest and temporary users.Is there a way we can resolve queries based on IP. For example internal user...
  6. Redirect DNS query based on IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirect DNS query based on IP: Hi Everyone,I need help regarding the MS DNS server.I have 3 DNS servers in our organization. There are 2 groups in our environment, one is internal user and other are guest and temporary users.Is there a way we can resolve queries based on IP. For example internal user...
  7. yahoo search redirect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    yahoo search redirect: This seems to have been around for a long while. Every search gets redirected to yahoo search. I've looked for an answer and am beginning to get paranoid that yahoo won't help me find the cause. What is up with this insidious malware?...
  8. Search Encrypt

Search Encrypt: How do I remove search encrypt? It appeared, maybe a malware, and isn't listed as a program so I can't uninstall it. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/search-encrypt/454c05db-69c2-48bd-8806-e5866284081b
  9. Microsoft Internet Explorer redirects to microsoft.com for MS Edge advertisement.

Microsoft Internet Explorer redirects to microsoft.com for MS Edge advertisement.: Hello, Recently my IE has been redirecting to this MS webpage to advertise MS Edge. I have run some malware scanners but cant find any malicious software. I am not sure if this intentional due to a virus installed on my machine by Microsoft or if it is a third party...
  10. file encryption query

file encryption query: ive never bothered with file encryption before. but iam strongly considering it.. the question is, when you encrypt a file or folder, can you still download a program or images into it?*Shock 94501