Windows 10: Search engine default

Discus and support Search engine default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I change the default search engine? It currently seems to be Yahoo. I would prefer Google.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanetteHeath, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Search engine default

How can I change the default search engine? It currently seems to be Yahoo. I would prefer Google.

:)

JeanetteHeath, Nov 24, 2020

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Nov 24, 2020
  4. vbahl2003 Win User

Search engine default

Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Search engine default

1. Search engine default - Similar Threads - Search engine default

2. Default search engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default search engine: I use google chrome. I set my default search engine to be google again and again and yet Yahoo barges in out of nowhere. I don't want that to happen. I hate opening search settings everytime I want to search something. It is not fair that yahoo is pushed again and again for...
  3. Default search engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default search engine: I use google chrome. I set my default search engine to be google again and again and yet Yahoo barges in out of nowhere. I don't want that to happen. I hate opening search settings everytime I want to search something. It is not fair that yahoo is pushed again and again for...
  4. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Search Engine: Hello I Use Google As My Default Page In Microsoft Edge However My Default Search Engine Is Bing How Do I Change That To Google ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/29447819-e73d-4b41-ba12-14099bc501c5
  5. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Search Engine: Hello I Use Google As My Default Page In Microsoft Edge However My Default Search Engine Is Bing How Do I Change That To Google ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/29447819-e73d-4b41-ba12-14099bc501c5
  6. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. default search engine

in Cortana
    default search engine: Microsoft wants Bing as a default search engine. If you say no Microsoft will keep complaining about it. That is a 30 year old bug that has been recreated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/eb495dbc-8051-4ba4-8f0b-0e225712197a
  8. Default search engine

in Cortana
    Default search engine: How do i change my search engine to google, because it still use yahoo even if i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-search-engine/a140484c-c3d4-43a8-8c9f-21078b901a60
  9. Default OS Search Engine (not browser)

in Windows 10 Support
    Default OS Search Engine (not browser): Hi all, I've done a fair bit of searching on this site and others and cannot find any mention of how to change the search engine used by the OS from Bing to anything else. This is the search engine used when you, for example, right click on a process name in task manager and...
  10. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Search Engine: I've been using Windows 10 for some time and the only thing I didn't like in it is the inability to change default search engine for Cortana and Search. I don't wanna use Bing as my default search engine! I did some search on google to find some source for doing this, but...