Windows 10: Search engine icon on taskbar

Discus and support Search engine icon on taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello I recently added the cortana icon to my taskbar and the old search icon has disappeared. Has the cortana replaced the old sign ? I would like... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FolaRunsewe, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Search engine icon on taskbar

Hello

I recently added the cortana icon to my taskbar and the old search icon has disappeared. Has the cortana replaced the old sign ? I would like to have the sign back because it helps me search and find files easily.

:)

FolaRunsewe, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Search engine icon on taskbar

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Search engine icon on taskbar

1. Search engine icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Search engine icon

2. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  3. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  4. Why is there a search engine when I use taskbar??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is there a search engine when I use taskbar??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/akira_fukuro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jim7xm/why_is_there_a_search_engine_when_i_use_taskbar/
  5. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  6. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  7. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  8. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297
  9. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340