Windows 10: Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...

Discus and support Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my business and personal calendars. can you help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StewartLevy1, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...

Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my business and personal calendars.

can you help?

:)

StewartLevy1, Feb 9, 2021
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Feb 9, 2021
  4. vbahl2003 Win User

Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...

Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...

1. Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my... - Similar Threads - Search engine outlook

2. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  3. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  4. Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox: Hi, I've now confirmed that the reason my Lenovo computer and now my Intel NUC were overclocking was a well known issue with Dropbox and Microsoft Search engine such that it is constantly running and the i7 is running like 4000gz instead of 2000gz for normal operations! The...
  5. Search engine settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search engine settings: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to keep the windows search engine open after selecting a folder. When I am looking for a folder or a document, and realise I opened the wrong one, I have to repeatedly re-open the engine and start all the process from cero, is...
  6. Windows search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  7. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  8. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  9. Search Engines performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines performance: I tried both Google and Bing to search for car roof racks in Malaga, Spain. Both returned lots of Malaga Australia results! Both ignored all my helpful keywords and presented rubbish results. See the Bing screen shot. So what am I doing wrong in my search and if it is...
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340