Windows 10: Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

Discus and support Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WilliamSchellenberg, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and restarting the computer and nothing works. There is also no error message it just closes instantly.No other apps have this problem just the search engines. I just built this pc too.

:)

WilliamSchellenberg, Mar 7, 2022

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Mar 7, 2022
  4. LCRT Win User

Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

Change your default search engine

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

1. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening - Similar Threads - Search Engines Are

2. search engines crash when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search engines crash when opening: when trying to open edge chrome bing search engine they shut down stright away opened another user on same pc and found no problems.can anyone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engines-crash-when-opening/808f1580-f8bf-4a8c-9b33-fcd227200b4c
  3. search engines crash when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search engines crash when opening: when trying to open edge chrome bing search engine they shut down stright away opened another user on same pc and found no problems.can anyone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engines-crash-when-opening/808f1580-f8bf-4a8c-9b33-fcd227200b4c
  4. Windows Search opens then instantly closes

Windows Search opens then instantly closes: I don't know what had happened, because just a day earlier the search bar was working correctly. I turned off my pc then opened it again the next day to found out that my search bar is not working properly. Every time i try to open it whether its by opening the start menu...
  5. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  6. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  7. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

8. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening: All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  9. Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Engines Are Crashing Instantly After Opening: All of my search engines chrome and operaGX are crashing/closes instantly after I open them. Microsoft Edge is working for some reason but I would rather use chrome. I do not have Windows 10 activated and don’t know if that’s the problem. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  10. Software Opening Then Instantly Crashing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software Opening Then Instantly Crashing?: So i have the X56 HOTAS, and when I try to open the app to calibrate it, it opens in task manager for a split second then instantly crashes before it even appears on screen. Any clue why this would happen? I assume this is a windows issue which is why i'm putting it here....