Windows 10: Search engines not working, although internet is fine.

Discus and support Search engines not working, although internet is fine. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I have had a problem for about a week now that has caused all search engines not to work, although my internet is just fine. I've tried Bing,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CalebMoney, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Search engines not working, although internet is fine.

Hello. I have had a problem for about a week now that has caused all search engines not to work, although my internet is just fine. I've tried Bing, Microsoft Edge, Google, and DuckDuckGo, and none work. Now my Discord is giving me random speakers and Spotify is closing out. I think its a virus, but not sure how to get rid of it due to my search engines not working. I've used different DNS addresses, flushed DNS, got rid of add-ons, updated drivers, unplugged and replugged ethernet cords, restarted my devices numerous times, restarted my network, allowed Chrome through my firewalls, etc. Pleas

:)

CalebMoney, Sep 17, 2022

2. Unable to change search engine

Hi Gavib,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Go to internet options.

• Click on Programs which can be found between Connections and Advanced.

• Click on Manage add-ons.

• Select search click on Search providers.

• Click search more provider and follow the instruction.

• Refer the following article for help to set default search engine in Edge.
    Change your default search engine

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Sep 17, 2022
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Sep 17, 2022
  4. Search engines not working, although internet is fine.

Changing search engines . . .

Hi, I am Van. I'll be glad to assist you today.

You will need to add the Yahoo search engine extension before setting it as the default search engine. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Open the Firefox browser then click the three-line menu at upper right corner of the browser then select "Add-ons and themes.

2. Type "Yahoo search engine" without the quote in the search bar.

3. Select "Search and New Tab by Yahoo" from the list then click the Add to Firefox button.

4. Once done, go to the default search engine option. Yahoo should now be on the list.

Best regards,

Van

Van Dennis, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

Search engines not working, although internet is fine.

1. Search engines not working, although internet is fine. - Similar Threads - Search engines working

2. Search engine is working despite getting internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search engine is working despite getting internet connection: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-is-working-despite-getting-internet/2cfecbf9-848b-45ef-9c22-f577c1812ef7
  3. Search engine is working despite getting internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search engine is working despite getting internet connection: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-is-working-despite-getting-internet/2cfecbf9-848b-45ef-9c22-f577c1812ef7
  4. Search engine is working despite getting internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Search engines not working, although internet is fine.

Search engines not working, although internet is fine.: Hello. I have had a problem for about a week now that has caused all search engines not to work, although my internet is just fine. I've tried Bing, Microsoft Edge, Google, and DuckDuckGo, and none work. Now my Discord is giving me random speakers and Spotify is closing out....
  6. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  7. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  8. No Internet Access in Windows 10, Although Internet Works

No Internet Access in Windows 10, Although Internet Works: some one from Microsoft need to tell us and solve this weird situation; here are some noticeable to help whoever looking after this from microsoft; - this happened after update 2004 of window 10. - non of the solution given in the 2 or 3 discussion in this forum worked. -...
  9. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  10. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...