Windows 10: Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade

Discus and support Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 did it's recent upgrade yesterday I cannot get search engines (edge firefox google) to work on my ASUS computer, even though it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goldsbaw, Jul 15, 2017.

1. goldsbaw Win User

Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade

Since Windows 10 did it's recent upgrade yesterday I cannot get search engines (edge firefox google) to work on my ASUS computer, even though it is showing it is connected to the internet yet the same update was done on my ACER laptop and it is working fine. Both laptops and 3 smartphones working off same router and everything else seems fine.

:)

goldsbaw, Jul 15, 2017

2. typing problems need to be solved

before upgrading to widows 10 my keyboard was typing efficiently..after the upgrade it was perfect but after i restart or shutdown my laptop i find that the keyboard is not typing in Microsoft edge and widows search ,windows mail also it is working on google
    chrome and in Microsoft office, i tried to reinstall widows then tried to change the widows version but i find the same problem after each time i restart or shutdown the lap

pls help me to sole it

elshymaaabouomar, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Display of icons does not occur at the desktop

Original title: Display of icons

I have a DEll laptop with upgraded to Widows 10 from Windows 8.1 got with the system when bought.

Suddenly after two years of usage, today none of the icons are showing up on Desktop. May be from hibernation, the laptop was switched on again.

1. Widows+, Serach and none of those are working with a left click.

2. The explorer and google, word, excel etc the pinned icons are showing up at the bottm and working.

3. On right click of Widows + it is showing up a list like, search, programs, command prompt etc. search does not work.

Apart from the recent problem as above, since the begining the system takes at least 2 to 3 minutes from sleep mode to display when the enter button is pressed. This is happening on widows 10 only. I have been a user of of windows- does not happen in Xp,
    Wiindows 7, etc

Sripathy, mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***- please reply on this mail.

Need a solution for the first one at least- I also notice many people are facing the same types of issues

Sripathykarur, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade

Hi goldsbaw

First please power reset your router, power down, count to 20, power on, reboot PC, test.

Lets start with Chrome. Please delete all cached information. If that doesn't work then issue these four commands from a Command Prompt(admin).

Please don't key in the info in brackets besides commands, there for your info. The commands are;

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

If that doesn't work do a Network Reset in Windows 10. Start=>Settings=>Network and internet => scroll down right side, network reset at bottom. This will cause you to "Forget" all wireless passwords.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 15, 2017
Thema:

Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade

1. Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade - Similar Threads - Search engines working

2. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  3. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  4. Search engine settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search engine settings: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to keep the windows search engine open after selecting a folder. When I am looking for a folder or a document, and realise I opened the wrong one, I have to repeatedly re-open the engine and start all the process from cero, is...
  5. Windows search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  6. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  7. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  8. Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search engines not working on ONE Laptop after recent widows upgrade: Since Windows 10 did it's recent upgrade yesterday I cannot get search engines (edge firefox google) to work on my ASUS computer, even though it is showing it is connected to the internet yet the same update was done on my ACER laptop and it is working fine. Both laptops and...
  9. W10 search engine stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 search engine stopped working.: Last night, my Windows 10 search engine stopped working. I can't click on a link someone gives me in a post and I can't even try to access a link manually. The only way I can look something up is on my Firefox search engine...........when DuckDuckgo is my preference. 95082
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340