Windows 10: Search Engines

Discus and support Search Engines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:22 AM.

1. elbmek Win User

Search Engines

All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on Vivaldi and so far it has come up with answers even quicker than Google. I do not trust Bing as its owned by Microsoft. Your views on search engines would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

3. LCRT Win User
    search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

4. Cecil_IL Win User

Search Engines

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Thema:

Search Engines

1. Search Engines - Similar Threads - Search Engines

2. How do I pin the Search Engine Bing to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I pin the Search Engine Bing to my taskbar?: How do I pin Bing to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-the-search-engine-bing-to-my-taskbar/10fc404c-1f62-4932-b625-1723ffdcc0a7
  3. change search engine

change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd
  4. How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!

in Cortana
    How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!: I need GoogleChrome to do business but since I updated to Windows 10 BING overrides every search engine but Edge I want BING to go away how do I uninstall it. Ive gone through every setting and cannot locate it. HELP!...
  5. Search engine icon on taskbar

in Cortana
    Search engine icon on taskbar: Hello I recently added the cortana icon to my taskbar and the old search icon has disappeared. Has the cortana replaced the old sign ? I would like to have the sign back because it helps me search and find files easily....
  6. Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 and Bing desktop and default search engine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 and Bing desktop and default search engine.: I just discovered under "My saves" on the Bing menu that I have 12 items listed all with a zero beside them. In the middle of the page, it says "You haven't saved anything yet." I DO NOT want these 12 items on my computer and need to 'Delete' them, but have found no way that...
  7. Is tunvailig.com a virus? is a search engine I didn't put it on

Is tunvailig.com a virus? is a search engine I didn't put it on: is tunvailig .com a virus claims to be a search engine looks like one but I didn't put it on * Original title: isturnvailig.com a virus is a search engine I didn't put it on * FWIW: Also posted at...
  8. isturnvailig.com a virus is a search engine I didn't put it on

isturnvailig.com a virus is a search engine I didn't put it on: is tunvailig .com a virus claims to be a search engine looks like one but I didn't put it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/isturnvailigcom-a-virus-is-a-search-engine-i-didnt/90b050fc-6301-4abd-952f-f92ea5327df2
  9. How to change search engine in Safari?

How to change search engine in Safari?: Can anyone tell me the way to change the search engine in Safari browser??? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine-in-safari/2e3c4e62-cd3c-4891-b668-0f9a875ddeff
  10. Default Search Engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Search Engine: I've been using Windows 10 for some time and the only thing I didn't like in it is the inability to change default search engine for Cortana and Search. I don't wanna use Bing as my default search engine! I did some search on google to find some source for doing this, but...