Windows 10: search engines

Discus and support search engines in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

search engines

Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same thing. So I never get anywhere that will give me the information I want. Has anyone else run into the same thing?

:)

Frank1, Aug 21, 2017

2. search engines

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the program. These programs
    may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 21, 2017
  3. jsitten Win User
    search engines

I installed windows 10 last week and everything was fine. Then, I installed an update yesterday and now I cannot install or access googlechrome or firefox. I can only access aol through internet explorer whereas, before, I had it as a separate app. Plus,
    even when I go through the aol/internet explorer site, I cannot do work on one of the websites I use all the time i.e. I cannot make submissions or print a page

Help! or else, how do I get back to 8.1?

Thanks

jsitten, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

search engines

5. Frank1 Win User
    Bree, thank you for your response and you are correct about malware, but Adwcleaner did not remove it. But when you mentioned about malware, it made me decide to take a closer look at it. My browser is FireFox and I use Google to search. But after I do a search it takes me to www.
    searchencrypt. So I’ll have to get rid of it. It’s time for me to go to bed now but I’ll take a look tomorrow. Thanks again. Frank from Ohio

Frank1, Aug 21, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Yes it is definitely Malware. There are many guides on the web on removal. Google is your friend.

Jeddie, Aug 21, 2017
  7. TairikuOkami, Aug 21, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

search engines

swarfega, Aug 21, 2017
  9. Frank1 Win User
    Thank you to all for your response. What you suggested prompted me to get into Google for add-ons and I found one. I don’t remember the exact name but the name was very similar to the name of the web site. I simply clicked on the uninstall icon and it took care of it.

Frank1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

search engines

1. search engines - Similar Threads - search engines

2. How to fix Windows search engine?

in Cortana
    How to fix Windows search engine?: Windows search engine in Windows Server 2016 does not work or when it works it's slow and gives bad results. I have tried everything from the Microsoft's Windows search engine troubleshooting page, and nothing has worked. Anybody know how to solve this? I have tried even 2...
  3. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  4. I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to delete some regedit files, but now all search engines say they have privacy...: Hello, I deleted some registry files to try to remove the "some settings are managed by admin." Now, when I search anything on any browser, it says I have a privacy error without HTTPS. What can I do to fix it? Thank you....
  5. Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to make Edge show Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo, and Yahoo search results at the same time. Edge features a sidebar that enables users to access essential tools and features alongside their browser tabs quickly. One of these tools, known as...
  6. Updates and search engines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates and search engines: I was having connection issues among other issues that came from nowhere. I paid and installed outbyte pc repair. After a scan it said I needed to buy a driver updater. Things snowballed from bad to worse. Not only did I spend the day raging with their tech support the...
  7. Updates and search engines

Updates and search engines: I was having connection issues among other issues that came from nowhere. I paid and installed outbyte pc repair. After a scan it said I needed to buy a driver updater. Things snowballed from bad to worse. Not only did I spend the day raging with their tech support the...
  8. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Engine Not Remembering Device???: Hello-Ever since my financial institution updated their website, I have to be sent another pass-code every time I exceed 'idle time limit' on the site. Several customer service reps at my financial institution claim my browser -Duck Duck Go-- is not allowing my my device to...
  9. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

Search Engine Not Remembering Device???: Hello-Ever since my financial institution updated their website, I have to be sent another pass-code every time I exceed 'idle time limit' on the site. Several customer service reps at my financial institution claim my browser -Duck Duck Go-- is not allowing my my device to...
  10. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

in Windows 10 Customization