Windows 10: Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank

Discus and support Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've used Search Everything, Version 1.4.1.969 (x64), for some time now, but haven't needed to for a couple months. When I used to bring it up, it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phrab, Jul 31, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank

I've used Search Everything, Version 1.4.1.969 (x64), for some time now, but haven't needed to for a couple months. When I used to bring it up, it came up with just the search box. The rest was empty. Now it comes up with a bunch of folders listed. I don't know what happened, but I prefer the old look.

Anyone know how to get it back?

Thanks in advance.

e.g.
    Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank [​IMG]

:)

phrab, Jul 31, 2020

2. How to enable Cortana to launch programs and music, instead of Bing Searching everything?

In this case, we suggest that you disable Windows Search from the
    Services settings. Please be reminded to backup your files before proceeding to this troubleshooting. To disable
    Windows Search, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • Click on Services.
    • From the list, double-click Windows Search.
    • Select Disabled on the drop-down field on Startup type.
    • Click on the Stop button on Service status.
    • After following the steps, restart your PC and try to open an app or program using
      Cortana.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 31, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    What is your favorite search engine

Everyone knows how much I rail against MS. But I have to give them credit for Bing. It works the most relevant for me in my searches, and my search histories carry over to my Windowsphone.

Also, they actually list which search results were paid for to be in the top results (listing them as advertisements), unlike google, who is in litigation in EU for not being open about that shit.

rtwjunkie, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Linus Win User

"Open with" list not custimizable

Thanks again! And sorry again for still not being clear enough.

By "open with list" I mean the menu that pops up when I hover over "open with":

Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank [​IMG]

I thought that this is what I can modify in the registry entry
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pdf\OpenWithList

What you mean by "open with list" is apparently the list that comes up when you click on "choose another app". There, I see evince.exe as well. But I want it in the menu pop up, such that I am able to open a PDF in evince with two clicks as opposed to four. Also I am wondering how to get rid of e.g. Microsoft Edge in that menu list...

Regarding your suggestion of Foxit: I have used evince to view pdfs while I am working with Latex. I need a viewer that does not lock the file when it is openned but instead reloads it automatically whenever the file is modified. Does Foxit do that?

Linus, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Search Everything now opens with a List Instead of being blank - Similar Threads - Search Everything opens

2. Everything crashes after few minutes of being open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything crashes after few minutes of being open: Hello, I've tried all of the sfc /scannow stuff as well as all the DISM commands. So after trying both of those multiple times including in safemode I decided to do a repair install, the only issue is the repair install starts and then crashes as well. I have attached my...
  3. Everything crashes after few minutes of being open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything crashes after few minutes of being open: Hello, I've tried all of the sfc /scannow stuff as well as all the DISM commands. So after trying both of those multiple times including in safemode I decided to do a repair install, the only issue is the repair install starts and then crashes as well. I have attached my...
  4. Office file keeps being downloaded automatically instead of being opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office file keeps being downloaded automatically instead of being opened.: I have 2 users in my organization who keep having this issue with all of the browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox and when they click on an Office file, Word or Excel, it just automatically downloads and not asking if they want to open it with the Desktop Application. Everyone else...
  5. Office file keeps being downloaded automatically instead of being opened.

Office file keeps being downloaded automatically instead of being opened.: I have 2 users in my organization who keep having this issue with all of the browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox and when they click on an Office file, Word or Excel, it just automatically downloads and not asking if they want to open it with the Desktop Application. Everyone else...
  6. Office file keeps being downloaded automatically instead of being opened.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to separate this into two devices instead it being listed as one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to separate this into two devices instead it being listed as one: Just need to split this into two so that I can configure them and make the speaker auto mute when I unplug the headphones to prevent embarrassing audio leaks....
  8. How to separate this into two devices instead it being listed as one

How to separate this into two devices instead it being listed as one: Just need to split this into two so that I can configure them and make the speaker auto mute when I unplug the headphones to prevent embarrassing audio leaks....
  9. Start menu, wifi list, search, everything freezed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, wifi list, search, everything freezed: My start menu ,search box, and everything in start menu freezed and not showing up what shoud i do for fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-wifi-list-search-everything-freezed/c3c9e521-ed09-43ce-b95d-412bd6fc7fe0
  10. Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved

in Cortana
    Outlook 2019 "Search History List" not being preserved: I have Outlook 2019. A few weeks ago I had a problem with "Find Related Messages in this Conversation" where it would find messages from 2 months ago but would not show messages from the current day. This problem was fixed by running a re-index via Control Panel -> Indexing...