Windows 10: Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

Discus and support Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonathan 978563412, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I need all of my internet for my active windows. When my active windows are loading slowly, I open the task manager and kill whatever is open that is using the internet. Often, this is Network Service, wsappx, UtcSvc, Windows Update, Background Intelligence, any and all things printer related for whatever reason that gums up my network accessibility, etc. Sometimes, the Search app is the problem. I know this because if I kill it, my internet ru

:)

Jonathan 978563412, Jul 20, 2022

2. Window 10 eating my Wifi bandwidth

Whenever I start my laptop and check 'data usage' after couple of minutes, I found 'system' is using my internet bandwidth in size of hundreds MBs.

I urgently need to get rid of this.

I tried many tricks:

• Set wifi on metered connection
    • Disable Windows Update service
    • Disable scheduled task regarding Windows 10 update assistance and some others
    • Set all background app to OFF.
    Still windows 10 constantly eating my bandwidth.

How to stop this unacceptable behaviour?

RahulShah4, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Angela Pun, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

svchost.exe always dowloading and eating total bandwidth.

svchost.exe always dowloading and eating total bandwidth even when BITS has stopped. please help me to solve this issue ? i cant download or play cause of this . i have upgraded windows 10 from windows 8.1.

JAGRATA PARUI, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

1. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it? - Similar Threads - Search exe eating

2. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

in Cortana
    Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?: I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I need all of my internet for my active windows. When my active windows are loading slowly, I open the task manager and kill...
  3. Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search.exe is eating all my bandwidth that I need for gaming. How do I kill it?: I have slow internet because I live in the middle of nowhere and must use a mobile hotspot through a terrible provider. I peak at 2 MB/s very rarely. I need all of my internet for my active windows. When my active windows are loading slowly, I open the task manager and kill...
  4. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  5. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  6. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Searchapp.exe eating bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searchapp.exe eating bandwidth: Hi,I have an issue where when gaming I get Ping spikes looks like bandwidth usage, when I check task manager it doesn't show anything in particular but in resource monitor in the network view I have several instances of searchapp.exe running and using up the bandwidth. When...
  8. How do I stop this from eating all my ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop this from eating all my ram: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DyiviYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxrk9k/how_do_i_stop_this_from_eating_all_my_ram/
  9. Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery Optimization eating all my bandwidth: there's a service called Delivery Optimization keeps running in the background and uses my all internet bandwidth everyday, even If I stop it it starts again after sometime...
  10. Microsoft is eating all of my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft is eating all of my bandwidth: I have limited (3Mbps) bandwidth and most of the time my PC is asleep. And when I go to use it I can wait 10 to 20 minutes for it to download who-knows-what. So it's unusable for anything over the internet during that time. I have Windows 10 Professional and have used the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search.exe taking internet connection