Windows 10: Search Explorer Windows 10 not working

Discus and support Search Explorer Windows 10 not working in Cortana to solve the problem; When I search on my computer the bar is black. No search results.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AndrewDIXEY, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Search Explorer Windows 10 not working

When I search on my computer the bar is black. No search results.

:)

AndrewDIXEY, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 8, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Search Explorer Windows 10 not working

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Search Explorer Windows 10 not working wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Search Explorer Windows 10 not working

1. Search Explorer Windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - Search Explorer working

2. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Cortana
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  3. File explorer search and windows search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search and windows search not working: After I did dskchk /r in cmd it replaced some bad cluster filesAnd the window search and file explorer search is not working and I can't type any thing in it The window search is running and I did a troubleshoot ,it said that it's fixed but it's not....
  4. Windows 10 Explorer Search Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Search Doesn't Work: This seems to be an ongoing problem.I have thousands of .mp3 files on my c: in the music folderAnd yet when I search this , it shows some results but locks upThis is a 1 TB SD drive.What is wrong with Windows 10 and searches. I never have this problem on my macbook....
  5. Windows 10 Explorer Search Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer Search Doesn't Work: This seems to be an ongoing problem.I have thousands of .mp3 files on my c: in the music folderAnd yet when I search this , it shows some results but locks upThis is a 1 TB SD drive.What is wrong with Windows 10 and searches. I never have this problem on my macbook....
  6. Windows 10 Explorer Search Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows search & file explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search & file explorer search not working: Hi,I recently built a new PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro.When setting up my preferences, I turned off Cortana in regedit and in gpedit because I dislike the feature. After this, my search functions in my Windows aswell as in my file explorer stopped working...
  8. windows explorer search not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows explorer search not working?: Version 20H2 (OS build 19043.1110) Hi, I have an odd problem, if I click on windows explorer and get the explorer page up I can do most things in there other than search? If I put one of my directories in the top left box i.e. >users and type anything into the right hand box...
  9. windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer: windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer did sfc dism https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working-or-search-in/7439bec3-97fa-4e3d-b4fd-946e6db94014
  10. Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working: I can't even activate the search bar field so that I can type in it . How do I fix it ? windows version : https://imgur.com/a/zpSAdfa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-explorer-search-bar-not-working/2b594ff4-15a3-4821-b4b8-8a72ce40b2f3"