Windows 10: Search failed to work

Discus and support Search failed to work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My search beside start menu failed to work this morning. It is working yesterday night but now it is just not working. You cant even click on it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lina_moore, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Search failed to work

My search beside start menu failed to work this morning. It is working yesterday night but now it is just not working. You cant even click on it. It will not pop up no matter what I click. I tried to right click also nothing. I tried to restart also nothing. Shutdown does not help as well.

:)

lina_moore, Nov 22, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 22, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Search failed to work

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Search failed to work

1. Search failed to work - Similar Threads - Search failed

2. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....
  3. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....
  4. Start menu and Search not working after update KB5032190 failed to install Windows 11

Start menu and Search not working after update KB5032190 failed to install Windows 11: Hello. I restarted my pc and it did a software update, but it failed to fully install. I got the "Something didn't go as planned - don't worry, undoing updates" text, then my pc booted up windows 11. But after this point, my PC has been acting very weird. My start menu has...
  5. Start menu and Search not working after update KB5032190 failed to install Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Search not working after update KB5032190 failed to install Windows 11: Hello. I restarted my pc and it did a software update, but it failed to fully install. I got the "Something didn't go as planned - don't worry, undoing updates" text, then my pc booted up windows 11. But after this point, my PC has been acting very weird. My start menu has...
  6. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  7. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  8. Edge browser - All searches fail

9. After I re-installed Windows 10 the Search Indexing has failed to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I re-installed Windows 10 the Search Indexing has failed to work.: I have a Dell Laptop in which Windows NEVER functioned exactly correctly.I reinstalled Windows 10. Since that time, the computer has significantly improved performance BUT file indexing has not worked. I have spent literally days trying every known and published way to get it...
  10. After I re-installed Windows 10 the Search Indexing has failed to work.

After I re-installed Windows 10 the Search Indexing has failed to work.: I have a Dell Laptop in which Windows NEVER functioned exactly correctly.I reinstalled Windows 10. Since that time, the computer has significantly improved performance BUT file indexing has not worked. I have spent literally days trying every known and published way to get it...