Windows 10: Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

Discus and support Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chrisfl94, May 2, 2017.

1. Chrisfl94 Win User

Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a widespread known issue, and if so, is there a workaround or solution to the problem? We have a lot of installs on the 10586 version, and I know I need to get busy updating those. I was hoping to use fresh images, but that is looking less likely right now.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Chris

:)

Chrisfl94, May 2, 2017
  2. DonBarron Win User

"Hey Cortana, show me my alarms" or "set an alarm for 'x:xx'" opens Edge instead?!

Cortana seems seriously broken in the Creator update. I have used the feature daily for months prior to set and view alarms, but now, Cortana simply opens a webpage with the search terms for the words "show me my alarms," etc.

What the?!

I did a clean install of Windows 10 with the Media Creation tool and created a boot USB with the Creator ISO as well, so I'm confident that there's no issues there.

DonBarron, May 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 (English) system text show as gibberish

The same Font gibberish happen to me after the Creator update.

My solution after a 1 hour or so troubleshooting, was to reinstalled my Comodo firewall with an updated version of my firewall.

You should uninstall or update Comodo firewall before or after the Creator update.

Here is a Link to another possible fix for the Font gibberish symptom.

How To Fix Broken PowerShell In Windows 10 Creators Update

Mike from Mars, May 2, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

I use exclusively customized Windows, sysprepped and deployed. I have no issues with Cortana / Search after applying an image with CopyProfile=TRUE, not in 15063 nor in Insider build 16184. Not on physical machines, not on virtual machines.

Kari, May 3, 2017
  5. Chrisfl94 Win User
    I'm not sure what is going on with my set up then. I downloaded the 15063.0 iso from Microsoft and used that unmodified file. I have tried several different unattend files with the last one only containing the copyprofile=true to eliminate other possible issues. The only change I made to the install during audit was that I changed the wallpaper and colors. Upon logging in, the wallpaper and colors were changed, however when I click on cortana and start to type to search, still nothing populates.

Chrisfl94, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile - Similar Threads - Search feature Creators

2. Quick Search Broken after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Quick Search Broken after Windows Update: Before the update, at any time, I could:1. Press the Windows Key.2. Type in the name of the desired app I wanted to use say, Firefox.3. Hit enter to load the app.All of it without touching the mouse.After the update, all I can do is:1. Press the Windows Key2. Try to type but...
  3. Start Menu, Search, and Taskbar All Broken after June 2021 Feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Search, and Taskbar All Broken after June 2021 Feature update: All the taskbar components and windows apps have all stopped working, when I load onto my main profile the taskbar and all related components are unresponsive. However when I open the admin profile everything works fine. I cannot access cmd or powershell on my main profile...
  4. Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update

in Cortana
    Search Broken after v2004 Feature Update: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix search being broken after v2004 feature update? - File Explorer unable to type anything in the search bar - Windows/ Start Menu unable to type anything to search - Search Icon/Bar unable to type anything or respond when click -...
  5. Local disk search broken after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local disk search broken after update: After the latest update, when you search from the explorer window it does not find anything from local disk. What is funny, for my mounted onedrive disk (and downloade offline files) the search works as intended. No changes in the indexing and search options comparing with...
  6. Creator update password background broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...
  7. Cortana Broken After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Broken After Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: I don't use Cortana that much, but prior to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, it worked perfectly. But since applying the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Cortana refuses to listen or talk/respond. I have tested my microphone and audio, and it all still works. Has...
  8. Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update: Don't know whats going on... I tried updating to the Fall update a few times... Only to get my screen to look like this... Every single time lol and not sure how to fix this... I had to go back to previous updates in order to fix this issue. [img] [img] 96528
  9. Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update: Im having an issue ONCE AGAIN with getting the copyprofile feature to work with the latest creators update. I did a clean install of windows 10 1703 pro x64. I boot into audit mode and installed my programs and applications and did all of Windows updates. From there I used...
  10. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...