Windows 10: search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

Discus and support search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it? in Cortana to solve the problem; This may seem similar to another thread, but it is not the same question. I don't know what it could be. At first i thought it was due to a messed up... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoshuaCaleb, Jun 30, 2022.

1. search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

This may seem similar to another thread, but it is not the same question. I don't know what it could be. At first i thought it was due to a messed up external hard drive. Now i found that it is also happening randomly in explorer. It does not always happen when using the hard drive.I searched other external drives recently, and searched the data drive when I copied things from the external drive recently, and nothing happened.Just a few minutes ago, when I searched that drive, then explorer shut down, and refreshed.I find that to be odd, as the other day, i searched multiple times on the data

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 30, 2022
  4. search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

1. search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it? - Similar Threads - search feature messed

2. How do I fix the search option in Windows Explorer? windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix the search option in Windows Explorer? windows 10: Recently, I got a new SSD for this old system that still supports them and wanted to clone the Windows install/User files on my hard drive. I thought it would all be fine after I got the system to boot, but certain things aren't working.One of the biggest things, is the...
  3. How do I fix the search option in Windows Explorer? windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the search option in Windows Explorer? windows 10: Recently, I got a new SSD for this old system that still supports them and wanted to clone the Windows install/User files on my hard drive. I thought it would all be fine after I got the system to boot, but certain things aren't working.One of the biggest things, is the...
  4. How do I fix the search option in Windows Explorer? windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up my keyboard, how do I fix it? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my keyboard, how do I fix it? Windows 11: New HP Laptop, I've had it about a week. Windows 11.I hit something, no idea what. Now the keyboard won't type text. Instead, every key does its function. So as an example, I type t and it opens a new tab in the browser. Had to go back to my old small backup device to get on...
  6. search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?: This may seem similar to another thread, but it is not the same question. I don't know what it could be. At first i thought it was due to a messed up external hard drive. Now i found that it is also happening randomly in explorer. It does not always happen when using the hard...
  7. search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search feature messed up in explorer in windows 10 completely. How do I fix it?: This may seem similar to another thread, but it is not the same question. I don't know what it could be. At first i thought it was due to a messed up external hard drive. Now i found that it is also happening randomly in explorer. It does not always happen when using the hard...
  8. File Explorer is a complete mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer is a complete mess: Running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (not updating to 2004 until I know it's safe). Symptoms: - Right-click to open a second FE window either doesn't work, or takes over a minute to open - FE search bar doesn't register the first few keystrokes entered into the field - FE search...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer search is a mess but a fix is on the way

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Explorer search is a mess but a fix is on the way: After the recent cumulative updates to Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909), things haven’t gotten much better. Users are still reporting problems with Windows 10’s File Explorer search bar and bug appears to be widespread. Windows 10 version 1909 includes an...
  10. This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This 1909 file explorer search is a complete mess.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SvenCuaresma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2llqd/this_1909_file_explorer_search_is_a_complete_mess/