Windows 10: Search feature?

Discus and support Search feature? in Cortana to solve the problem; Will you guys ever fix the windows 10 search feature? it is so bad, i type "spoti" and nothing shows up, so i have to type "spotify" before it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JonasLarsen3, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Search feature?

Will you guys ever fix the windows 10 search feature? it is so bad, i type "spoti" and nothing shows up, so i have to type "spotify" before it understands it. why is it so utterly garbage?

:)

JonasLarsen3, Jul 7, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 7, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 7, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Search feature?

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Search feature?

1. Search feature? - Similar Threads - Search feature

2. This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features

in Windows 10 News
    This Windows file controls the uninstallation of Edge, Web Search and other features: Microsoft plans to introduce fundamental changes to its Windows 10 and 11 operating systems in the coming months. Two of the main changes allow users to uninstall Microsoft Edge and Web Search from the operating system. Downside is that these changes will become available for...
  3. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  4. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  5. Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps: Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps.When I type in the name of software that I know I have on my PC or I type in any Windows features, nothing happens...
  6. Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps

Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps: Start Menu: "Search" feature doesn't open any apps.When I type in the name of software that I know I have on my PC or I type in any Windows features, nothing happens...
  7. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10: When I try to search within all my other folders within file explorer, it will let me; but when I try to search within one specific folder the search bar temporarily fills in completely grey and I can't search.This file is located on the shared server, but I can use the...
  8. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10: When I try to search within all my other folders within file explorer, it will let me; but when I try to search within one specific folder the search bar temporarily fills in completely grey and I can't search.This file is located on the shared server, but I can use the...
  9. Search feature won't work in specific folder in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...