Windows 10: Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

Discus and support Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by o2bo2, Sep 28, 2020.

1. o2bo2 Win User

Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

Hi

I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search function, and I don't know how to make it work again

:)

o2bo2, Sep 28, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Sempiro Win User
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working:

1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing.
    2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1 letter in Search field.

It would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Taskbar search button (near Cortana button) stopped to work for me as well - nothing happens when I press on it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is weird, Start orb button stopped to work too... what is going on...

Sempiro, Sep 28, 2020
  4. D. Joe Win User

Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work - Similar Threads - Search field taskbar

2. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  3. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  4. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Cortana
  5. windows search not working in taskbar and file explorer

in Cortana
    windows search not working in taskbar and file explorer: [ATTACH] it just keeps crashing i tried restarting and using the troubleshooter i cant even use file explorer search how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-not-working-in-taskbar-and-file/25d5c8be-22dd-41d5-b44f-02ab3dfe9cf4
  6. File Explorer won't accept input in search field

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer won't accept input in search field: Dear Community, Over the last couple of weeks since last update I've been experiencing a number of issues which it has not been possible to fix. One of these is that I'm unable to enter any keywords into the file search field of the file explorer. When I try, it simply...
  7. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  8. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  9. Explorer Search field does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Search field does not work: Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach: >Press Windows key + F >Click the mouse in such field The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past...
  10. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...