Windows 10: Search flyout changing upon restart

Discus and support Search flyout changing upon restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Why does the search fly out always change itself after reboot? Note, please the built in the upper right corner, as well the icons of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ivan Petrov, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Search flyout changing upon restart

Hello all,

Why does the search fly out always change itself after reboot? Note, please the built in the upper right corner, as well the icons of the built-in apps. No logic at all...

This seems very strange to me. Has anyone noticed that or it's just something wrong in my system?

1 day old clean install from MCT and

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎02/‎2021
    OS build 19042.804
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Thanks to all who will reply

Search flyout changing upon restart [​IMG]

:)

Ivan Petrov, Feb 11, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 11, 2021
  3. RickC Win User
    Search

Can you be a little bit more specific about "I tried that"?

Did you:

1. Try the first suggestion?
    2. Try the second suggestion?
    3. Try both suggestions?
    4. Restart your PC/laptop/device after making each change (so the change would take effect)?
    Help us to help you...

RickC, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Search flyout changing upon restart

Windows taskbar search changed colour/become unreadable (Win 10 build 10240)

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We suggest trying the following steps to check if the Cortana search bar changes the color.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Once inside the Personalization window, on the left pane, choose Colors.
    • At the bottom of the Colors section, choose Dark as the app theme.

After this, restart the PC and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, reverse the steps given and then restart the PC again. If it fails again, please do let us know.

Josef Bri, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Search flyout changing upon restart

1. Search flyout changing upon restart - Similar Threads - Search flyout changing

2. Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart: I set the theme to Windows dark and when I restart my laptop, the default app mode switches to light but my default Windows mode remains dark. I have disabled the sync feature. My laptop is a MSI Modern 14 C7M....
  3. Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart: I set the theme to Windows dark and when I restart my laptop, the default app mode switches to light but my default Windows mode remains dark. I have disabled the sync feature. My laptop is a MSI Modern 14 C7M....
  4. update fails upon restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update fails upon restart.: I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution...
  5. update fails upon restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update fails upon restart.: I was trying to update win 11 pro and it failed now it keeps trying to install upon restart and fails. I have turned off updates, stopped updates and BITS in the services I have also gone the restart automatic route, deleted the update files in the software distribution...
  6. files deleted upon restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files deleted upon restart: Hi, I just got a new pc and it came with windows installed. Now, when I restart my pc, most of my files get deleted. It does not happen if I power it off though. Any idea or solutions? Thanks in advance!...
  7. Some of my desktop icons change location upon restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my desktop icons change location upon restart: Ok, so I just updated my version of Windows 10 to 20h2 a few days ago. Since then however, I have had an odd issue. The icon for "This PC" keeps moving to a different location upon start up. This is the only icon that moves, and I never had this issue before the update. I've...
  8. Error code upon searching for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code upon searching for updates: Good day. My windows 10 last updated nearly a year ago. I've been trying unsuccessfully to update it for a while. The error code I get is 0x80070424 I've tried using sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase...
  9. Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry. Stop touchpad driver changing setting upon restarting laptop: I have an asus ux303ua and am trying to sort out issues with the touchpad. I have discovered some settings in the registry that may help solve my problem. But... whenever I restart my laptop the registry gets reset back to how it was before I changed the touchpad settings....
  10. CHKDSK Scan upon restart.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK Scan upon restart.: Hi All. I would appreciate some help on this one if at all possible. I have two seperate harddrives installed. On my one drive which is may main one I have a copy of Windows 7. My second drive has two partitions, one running Win 7 Pro and the second partition running...