Windows 10: Search for App in App Store? before even signing in

Discus and support Search for App in App Store? before even signing in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have received this message multiple times. No explanation from the computer and no options to do anything when I select yes or no. This is upon start... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JordanDill, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Search for App in App Store? before even signing in

I have received this message multiple times. No explanation from the computer and no options to do anything when I select yes or no. This is upon start up, not when even signed in. No answers online at all. ... Maybe i should uninstall windows?? But not sure how due to not being able to do anything. Ive tried to check BIOs but didnt have many options. Please give me some help and options. Please, not trying to be rude, but, please do not tell me to try and launch task manager or turn the computer off and on. I have tried everything possible, and I need legit answers. If nothing is possible other than factory reset, I will say I've done this 2x now, please please please help!!!

:)

JordanDill, Sep 9, 2020

2. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 9, 2020
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Search for App in App Store? before even signing in

App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Search for App in App Store? before even signing in

1. Search for App in App Store? before even signing in - Similar Threads - Search App App

2. Search for app in Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for app in Store?: I just did a clean re-install of WIN11 to fix some other issues and now this! And Apps are set to install from Everywhere!I really do not want to reformat AGAIN! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-store/32e15fcc-cbae-48bd-88f7-e9693f85a3c9
  3. Search for app in Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for app in Store?: I just did a clean re-install of WIN11 to fix some other issues and now this! And Apps are set to install from Everywhere!I really do not want to reformat AGAIN! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-store/32e15fcc-cbae-48bd-88f7-e9693f85a3c9
  4. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  5. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

"Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  6. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sign-In "Search for app in the Store?" Bug: Literally brand new laptop. Start up, start uninstalling bloatware. Uninstall Norton Security and requires restart. Restart and now cannot even sign in.not even in Safe mode. Restart laptop. Says sign-in. Then pops up message that I need to search the app store for an app to...
  8. "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Search for app in the Store" on Sign in: Help! I logged in a microsoft account from another device to this one and it says I need to install an app for this task whenever I click Sign In. I also can't reformat using the reset + shift, when I go to the troubleshoot settings there's no reset option, only start up...
  9. Microsoft App store crash even before i open

Microsoft App store crash even before i open: Hi lovely people, i'm so freaking out and currently stressed out, so let me get this quick. So my problem is, when i go to search menu, type for microfot app, i try to open it, it just show the app for less then a second and it close back directly, like i never open the app...
  10. "Search for an app in the store?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for an app in the store?": Windows 10 constantly notifies me whenever i open up anything that "you need to install an app to perform this task. search for one in the microsoft store?" and it's getting incredibly irritating. how do i fix this?...