Windows 10: "Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings...

Discus and support "Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before any of the following began, one thing to know is that my Windows Hello PIN was not working. Every time I would try to make a PIN, it would ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Afton LaMere, Apr 22, 2020.

1. "Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings...

Before any of the following began, one thing to know is that my Windows Hello PIN was not working. Every time I would try to make a PIN, it would ask me to begin the process but then it would just say "There is a problem. Try to fix it and come back later." I searched online for every answer to this but nothing worked. I deleted certain files where a possible previous PIN might have been saved because I had to use on for a different email that's using the same Microsoft Account I'm using now that I first logged in with on my new laptop. Nothing worked and I eventually decided to put trying to solve that problem on hold.

Oh, how I wish that was my only problem now!

Now, one thing I did before a bunch of the following problems started appearing was this: I tried to change the non-updated User file name name to my current Microsoft account profile name by opening Registry Editor and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<User SID>\, and located the User SID that I wanted to change the name of. Once I did this however, many Windows things would not work, such as the Windows search bar, the windows button, or even the File Explorer search bar. Right afterwards I was able to open Registry Editor and change the name back to the previous User SID name. This seemed to fix everything until I discovered the problem discussed below.

When I try to make a Windows Hello PIN or try to "Add someone else to this PC" in the Windows settings, I keep getting a pop-up that says "Search for an App in Microsoft App Store" with Yes or No options. When I click on Yes it sends me to the Microsoft App store but says "Try that again. Page could not be loaded." and asks if I would like to report this problem. When I click on the option to go to the Feedback Hub to report the problem, it automatically puts in the search bar "Code: 0x80131500" but says "We're Having Trouble Connecting".

Also when I click on my Account profile image in the bottom left corner of the Feedback Hub tab, it shows this:

"Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings... ad4d44a6-5a43-49d6-81c8-392fca3d7f0c?upload=true.png

When I click "Continue" nothing happens. I have tried multiple times but nothing happens.

Will I need to do some sort of full system reboot of my computer to try and fix this? Or is there an easier solution?

Any advice on this would be extremely helpful.

:)

Afton LaMere, Apr 22, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 22, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Apr 22, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

"Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings...

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

"Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings...

1. "Search for App in Microsoft App Store" Constantly appearing when trying to change settings... - Similar Threads - Search App Microsoft

2. When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...: When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an error saying "This app has been blocked by your system administrator". How I could fix that ?...
  3. When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an...: When I try to open Microsoft Store or some app downloaded by Microsoft store appear an error saying "This app has been blocked by your system administrator". How I could fix that ?...
  4. "Search for app in the Store?" error when trying to log in with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search for app in the Store?" error when trying to log in with a Microsoft account: I have made a local account on my laptop, and now I want to log in with my Microsoft account, so I go to Settings - Accounts - Your info - Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. And when I click that, it just gives me an error saying "Search for app in the Store? You need...
  5. "Search for app in the Store?" error when trying to log in with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search for app in the Store?" error when trying to log in with a Microsoft account: I have made a local account on my laptop, and now I want to log in with my Microsoft account, so I go to Settings - Accounts - Your info - Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. And when I click that, it just gives me an error saying "Search for app in the Store? You need...
  6. "Search for app in the Store?" error when trying to log in with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft store "Search for app in the Store?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store "Search for app in the Store?": Hi, I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. When I want to open an application that does not belong to the Microsoft Store, a window opens that says "Search for app in the Store?", and i can't open itPLS Help me !!!...
  8. "Search for app in The Store?" always appearing when trying to execute my WinForm Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for app in The Store?" always appearing when trying to execute my WinForm Application: Hi. This issue is similar to this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-the-store-always-appearing-when/c6a313e1-a63b-40e1-898d-5512ebfa54f9 I published my Winform Application in Visual Studio 2019. I would like to add that I'm using...
  9. "Search for app in The Store?" always appearing when trying to execute my Restaurant...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for app in The Store?" always appearing when trying to execute my Restaurant...: every time i try to launch my software, this message appears, I've Enabled all options in Group Policy, regarding windows Store followed tutorials, even found a way to fully remove the store, yet this message not only is annoying (my software launches immediately after I...
  10. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin search for an app in store

2. win10 set up my pin asks to search for app