Windows 10: "Search for app in Store" pop-up

Discus and support "Search for app in Store" pop-up in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We have some Windows 10 pc's working on a domain but which are not allowed to have access to the external web. --> disconnected On these pc's we run... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StevenKenis, Jul 16, 2020.

1. "Search for app in Store" pop-up

We have some Windows 10 pc's working on a domain but which are not allowed to have access to the external web. --> disconnected

On these pc's we run an .exe file created in C#.

Before this file was working well on the same pc configuration but then still a windows 7.

Now at Windows 10 we need to wait for about 5 - 10min for the "Search for app in the Store?" yes-no pop-up.

After clicked Yes or No the exe-file finally opens.

"Search for app in Store" pop-up c865f909-904c-401e-9dd3-266d77841cf6?upload=true.png

We made several attempts to solve this issue, including the suggestions as stated on the following sites:

https://www.****/threads/remove-look-for-an-app-in-the-store-from-open-with-in-windows-10.10905/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-message/cda2b2d5-8269-47db-b25a-6c63c45f8523

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...re-popup/70f15dde-aedd-40f2-ada6-eb4e5312fc8c
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/78213-choose-where-apps-can-installed-windows-10-a.html#option1

Some of these options temporary improved the waiting time, however after a few days or weeks the waiting time is back at 5-10min even with the applied Registry settings and Group Policy settings still active.

Can someone please support on this case?

:)

StevenKenis, Jul 16, 2020

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

"Search for app in Store" pop-up

Search box and App store

Hi Divya,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    I suggest you to check if Windows search service is running.

• Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press
      enter.
    • Locate the Windows Search service and right click on it.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      start option has been enabled.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

"Search for app in Store" pop-up

1. "Search for app in Store" pop-up - Similar Threads - Search app Store

2. Search for app in Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for app in Store?: I just did a clean re-install of WIN11 to fix some other issues and now this! And Apps are set to install from Everywhere!I really do not want to reformat AGAIN! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-store/32e15fcc-cbae-48bd-88f7-e9693f85a3c9
  3. Search for app in Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search for app in Store?: I just did a clean re-install of WIN11 to fix some other issues and now this! And Apps are set to install from Everywhere!I really do not want to reformat AGAIN! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-for-app-in-store/32e15fcc-cbae-48bd-88f7-e9693f85a3c9
  4. search term box pop up

search term box pop up: there is an annoying small black rectangular box on my screen in microsoft edge. Popups are blocked in edge permissions so thats not the solution. Support tried to fix it and locked me out of the pc all together!! I had to reset the whole pc just to get back in. Then support...
  5. Search Window keeps popping up....

in Cortana
    Search Window keeps popping up....: Search Window keeps popping up....How can I stop this from happening???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-keeps-popping-up/96204ca6-4340-47b9-b6b7-d74298556c35
  6. pop-up window for search will not minimize

in Cortana
    pop-up window for search will not minimize: Running windows 10 with the search bar and when in use, the pop-up screen will not minimize and I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. What is the fix?...
  7. Microsoft Store pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Store pop-up: Hello, lately, I have been having troubles with the Microsoft Store, specifically the store pops up randomly and redirectes me to an app/game on the store. I have been redirected to 2 games from the same developer, one is called "Ducklings Free" and the other is "Subway...
  8. Microsoft Store Pop Ups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Pop Ups: How do I stop this Pop Up, literally every 3 minutes in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-pop-ups/7a1a09d4-f490-487e-bf13-e531d0cb8a1a
  9. "Search for an app in the store?"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Search for an app in the store?": Windows 10 constantly notifies me whenever i open up anything that "you need to install an app to perform this task. search for one in the microsoft store?" and it's getting incredibly irritating. how do i fix this?...
  10. Search bar keeps popping up

Search bar keeps popping up: Good day I look after several Windows 10 machines in our enterprise. 99% is Windows 10 64bit Build 1511 10% is HP notebooks - 90% is customized desktops, all of the same spec Now when using some of the PC's, the user clicks on the Start button and the Search button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search for app in store pop up