Windows 10: Search for documents created or modified between dates

Discus and support Search for documents created or modified between dates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seems like Microsoft disabled this function... can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IdaLam, Jul 19, 2020.

1. IdaLam Win User

Search for documents created or modified between dates

Seems like Microsoft disabled this function... can anyone help?

:)

IdaLam, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Search for documents created or modified between dates

searches of documents

How do I get the searches of documents to search by "date created" rather than "date modified"?

ClintThornton, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Search for documents created or modified between dates

1. Search for documents created or modified between dates - Similar Threads - Search documents created

2. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  3. What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What different on Date / Date Modified / Date Create in Windows 11: Hi, I am confused by Windows Files Explorer. What is "Date" n Windows Files Explorer?You can see the pictures below.These files were taken on August 17, 2022, at 4:18PM, 4:20PM, and 4:32PM.When I open the Windows Files Explorer to view these files on the SD Card It shows the...
  4. Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug - File Explorer - Date Created vs Date Modified: I was going through some files looking for the date I created / made / saved them first and noticed this problem.When I list Date Created and Date Modified in File Explorer, the Date Modified is either equal to possible or earlier than not possible the Date Created. I do not...
  5. Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?

Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?: How can I preserve the date created & date modified date & timestamps when copying/moving between laptop and onedrive? I have tried to use softwares like vice versa pro below but it doesn't work. Are there other software solutions that can solve this problem or is there a way...
  6. Cannot search for files by date modified.

Cannot search for files by date modified.: There are not search options in Windows 10. I cannot find where to select search by date modified: xx/xx/xxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-search-for-files-by-date-modified/8975c3ad-ccd7-43d3-96f7-50aed8abaf3b
  7. Modified dated earlier than created date

in Windows 10 Support
    Modified dated earlier than created date: Several files Properties show that the Modified date is earlier than the created date, how's that? Version 1903 142343
  8. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...
  9. Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified

Windows 10: Date, Date Created and Date Modified: For what purpose is Date field in File Manager? It was default in my new laptop. I tried to find reason why file date was not changing even though I changed it. I had to contact IT support and they told that Date is wrong field. I couldn't imagine that Date field shows...
  10. Why's The "Date Modified", "Date Created", etc. Tabs Not Up To 'Date'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why's The "Date Modified", "Date Created", etc. Tabs Not Up To 'Date'?: Pun. Just curious... Why not: "Date & Time Modified"? Whatever happened to Time? It flew by so quick... *Huh [img] 95273