Windows 10: Search for files by size?

Discus and support Search for files by size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to be able to click on the search field at the top of a folder window and it would let me select file size, but it's not there anymore. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ima420r, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Search for files by size?

I used to be able to click on the search field at the top of a folder window and it would let me select file size, but it's not there anymore.

How can I search for files by size? My C drive is getting full and I think I have some large files somewhere that I can move to another drive.

Thanks

submitted by /u/ima420r
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ima420r, Sep 21, 2020

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 21, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Search for files by size?

Windows 10 Update 1909 file explorer "size" Search No longer works!

Hi,

I understand, I share a suggestion from an advisor, which is: write the approximate size in the search box, the text should be adjusted in blue, then you can see and choose the size of the document in the list. Thanks to the advisor for the idea.

Regards

MarcMorelli56, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Search for files by size?

1. Search for files by size? - Similar Threads - Search files size

2. How to search for files based on size or other attributes in Windows 11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to search for files based on size or other attributes in Windows 11 file explorer: I'm trying to search for files of a certain size, that's my specific issue a the moment but in general I would like to to back to the old functionality of search in previous versions of Windows. I never understand why updates are made and functionality is removed. The current...
  3. Windows file explorer search size options not appearing any more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer search size options not appearing any more: Hi,When I type size: in the search boxthe options Gigantic, Huge, Large ... are not appearing automatically any more?Is there a way to solve it?Thanks, regards,Cousin Excel...
  4. Windows file explorer search size options not appearing any more

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search size options not appearing any more: Hi,When I type size: in the search boxthe options Gigantic, Huge, Large ... are not appearing automatically any more?Is there a way to solve it?Thanks, regards,Cousin Excel...
  5. Windows file explorer search size options not appearing any more

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Increase size of search window

in Cortana
    Increase size of search window: Hello, I am facing the issue of getting a search box like this [ATTACH] But I want it like this [ATTACH] can You please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-size-of-search-window/15e46f98-73f3-47e7-9698-2ba92af396aa
  7. Search bar size change

in Cortana
    Search bar size change: Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar. Is there any way to reduce its size? Previous build size (which i liked): [ATTACH] Current build size (not a fan):...
  8. Cortana search size...

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search size...: Hi A few weeks ago now the size of my Cortana box when using the search box doubled in size... as per this image... [img] It was still like this last night... Why, as of this morning BEFORE any update has been done has it gone back to the old size? see below, it is now...
  9. File size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File size: I've made the full system image backup under WINDOWS 10, but unfortunately I can't able to check the file size. The property of file showing 0 kb. If there is any specific way to check the size of file please let me know that. Thanks, Idrees Ali...
  10. Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing: Can't Search Images by Size?: Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see where to search for images by size (small, medium, large, etc.) with Bing. As I recall there used to be a bar across the top with that option (as with Google), but it seems to be gone. What am I missing? *Huh 80037