Windows 10: Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Discus and support Search for Mail App Email Profiles? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Anyone know if there's a way to search whether users may have added in an email into the Mail App and if there's a way to prevent users from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tommytongify, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Hi all,

Anyone know if there's a way to search whether users may have added in an email into the Mail App and if there's a way to prevent users from using it? I know you can remove it via PowerShell, but would like to get an idea of how many users actually may have added an email account into it.

:)

Tommytongify, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Search for Mail App Email Profiles? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 12, 2018
  3. unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Did you check for any pending updates on your Computer? If not, I suggest you to check for any pending updates as in the above reply and install the updates if there are any pending.

Also, did you try all the troubleshooting steps in the article given above? If not, I suggest you to try the steps explained in the article and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persist, even after trying all the troubleshooting steps provided above, I would suggest you
    to uninstall and reinstall the mail app and check if the issue can be resolved.

Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the mail app.

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box and
      right click on Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator

• Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell command window and press Enter.

• Now, you may re-install the
      Mail App
      from the Windows Store. To install Mail App from Windows Store, Go to
      Windows Store from start menu, and type
      Mail App
      in the search bar, then click on Install.

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Get back to us if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 12, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Search for Mail App Email Profiles? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Search for Mail App Email Profiles?

1. Search for Mail App Email Profiles? - Similar Threads - Search Mail App

2. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App unable to open searched for email due to scrolling search.: When I search for an email from someone it is finding the emails okay but when I click on an email to open it the program scrolls all the way to the end without opening the email. Any ideas on how to fix it? I have uninstalled the App and reinstalled it and it made no...
  4. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  5. Windows Mail closing searched emails

Windows Mail closing searched emails: Every time I use the "search" function in Windows 10 Mail app, it locates the appopriate emails with that key word, but as soon as I click on an of them it sequentially closes it and all the rest of them one by one! It has made it impossible to read any email searched for by...
  6. Missing emails in Mail app

Missing emails in Mail app: I have gmail, yahoo and live set up in the Mail app. I just realized the gmail account is missing emails. I sent two this morning that are no where to be found - outbox, drafts or sent. It seems random. Some go and some don't. It also looks like I havent sent any emails for...
  7. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  8. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  9. Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts

Searching Mail app only returns unread email or email from contacts: Hi, How do I get searches in the mail app to return all results? It seems to only return results from unread emails (confession, I'm rubbish at deleting email so have a lot of those!) or from contacts. Which makes it nearly (or sometimes totally) impossible to find things...
  10. Mail App and Deleting Emails

Mail App and Deleting Emails: I use the mail app for several email acounts, gmail and outlook. Outlook works fine when deleting however, when I go to select all in my gmail accounts through the mail apps the cursors doesn't change. It selects them, but when I hit delete nothing happens. It just sits...