Windows 10: Search for parenthesis

Discus and support Search for parenthesis in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since Microsoft seems to have fired all devs that made Windows OS great, FILE SEARCH has become a pile of excrement.On the Thread How do I search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by José-Encarnação, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Search for parenthesis

Since Microsoft seems to have fired all devs that made Windows OS great, FILE SEARCH has become a pile of excrement.On the Thread How do I search for parenthesis? - Microsoft Community created on 2010-10-11 the ANSWER is not Generic or Useful to find All Duplicates.So, I ... using Microsoft OS's since DOS 5 ... created this "question" in order to help out anyone that may have not found the complicated syntax Microsoft has made to use in Search F3 on Windows Explorer.To find all duplicates with different file extensions AND ONLY DUPLICATES, like for example: document1.pdf docu

:)

José-Encarnação, Jun 4, 2023

2. File manager search parameters - parenthesis and dots.

Hello all!

It seems like I'm missing something basic here and I have problem finding the answer:

How do I force search parameters in File Explorer in order to match parenthesis or DOT character? Is there any escape character or wildcard?

Picture 1: From the list of files in the directory 'New Folder' I want to extract the files containing (3)

It seems like the parenthesis are ignored. First list shows file without parenthesis.

Picture 2: Similar issue happens to the DOT character. Last file in the results does not contain string '3.'

On Picture 2 ( search for 3. )there is no file 123.12.txt --- Is incorrect output shown in the search-ms:displayname ?

Picture 3: New Folder contents.

I can't find a reference to the rules of creating these parameters or wildcards.

Am I doing something wrong?

Picture 1:

Search for parenthesis c98d9d9d-efd7-45a5-aa33-4c5b55ed9189?upload=true.png

Picture 2:

Search for parenthesis f3b05de9-4a74-49f9-8f2f-26b42e2f5f17?upload=true.png

Picture 3:

Search for parenthesis 2ea53ef7-b80c-4059-bdbb-724a75ad6ae1?upload=true.png

Jack ѬJDz, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Ian Hicks Win User

Search for parenthesis

Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis "("

I understand that the parentheses "(" and ")" have special meaning in the File Explorer Search field, as do the asterisk "*" and question mark "?". There are also special condition words like "filename:", and "type:".

Is there a page that describes ALL of these and what they mean?

And more importantly for my question of needing to find a filename containing a parenthesis, what is the method of escape-character searching so that a parenthesis, or even a question mark could be searched for?

Ian Hicks, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Search for parenthesis

1. Search for parenthesis - Similar Threads - Search parenthesis

2. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  3. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  4. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  6. Search for parenthesis

Search for parenthesis: Since Microsoft seems to have fired all devs that made Windows OS great, FILE SEARCH has become a pile of excrement.On the Thread How do I search for parenthesis? - Microsoft Community created on 2010-10-11 the ANSWER is not Generic or Useful to find All Duplicates.So, I ......
  7. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis "": I understand that the parentheses "" and "" have special meaning in the File Explorer Search field, as do the asterisk "*" and question mark "?". There are also special condition words like "filename:", and "type:".Is there a page that describes ALL of these and what they...
  8. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis "": I understand that the parentheses "" and "" have special meaning in the File Explorer Search field, as do the asterisk "*" and question mark "?". There are also special condition words like "filename:", and "type:".Is there a page that describes ALL of these and what they...
  9. Using File Explorer, HOW do I search for a filename containing a left-parenthesis ""

10. File manager search parameters - parenthesis and dots.

File manager search parameters - parenthesis and dots.: Hello all! It seems like I'm missing something basic here and I have problem finding the answer: How do I force search parameters in File Explorer in order to match parenthesis or DOT character? Is there any escape character or wildcard? Picture 1: From the list of files...