Windows 10: Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

Discus and support Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was searching for the same question here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by artful_dodgjer, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

I was searching for the same question here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...c-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27

And wanted to post the answer, since that thread is locked. Yes, you can do this in windows file explorer easily. It's actually just picky about the whitespace.

I have some pictures I needed to search where the metadata "Camera model" field was "Nexus 5x"

Just enter in the search bar. "Cameramodel: Nexus 5x"

Works.

:)

artful_dodgjer, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Search for photos taken by a specific camera

Hi,

By default, we can only sort or group pictures in the pictures folder by Name, Date, Type, Size and Tags. As of the moment, sorting pictures by the device used to take it is not yet possible but it would be a great addition to the current picture sorting
    capability. In the mean time, we suggest that you add a device specific name identifier or tag (e.g., CRT3i Name), when importing them from your camera.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Aug 16, 2020
  3. rhodesmk Win User

I have lots of pictures on my computer that I have sorted, grouped and filed by event, by date, by subject matter, etc. However, I now have discovered that I need to find pictures that were taken by a particular camera.

I know the camera type, lens, etc., are all recorded in the metadata. I'm now wondering if there is a way built in to Windows 10 that will allow me to search the computer for all files in which the metadata contains the camera I took the picture with.

In other words, I want to tell Windows to find all picture files containing Canon Rebel T3i in the metadata.

Possible??

Thanks!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rhodesmk, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

Yes, it's possible.

You probably wanted to ask HOW to do it. Try this:

• Save the code below on your desktop as Camera.vbs. The .vbs extension is essential!
    • Grab any folder containing pictures with your mouse and carefully drop it on
      Camera.vbs
    • Examine the desktop file Tags.xls. It contains a recursive list of all .jpg files plus the camera that you used. You can now sort the list by camera type.
    '----------------------------------------------

'Extract the camera name from picture meta data

'24.7.2017 FNL

'----------------------------------------------

Const Camera = 30

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set oShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

Set oWshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

sTarget = oWshShell.SpecialFolders("Desktop") & "\Tags.xls"

Set oTarget = oFSO.CreateTextFile(sTarget, True)

oTarget.WriteLine "Picture Path" & vbTab & "Camera"

ProcessFolder(WScript.Arguments(0))

oTarget.Close

Sub ProcessFolder(sFolder)

    Set oFolder = oShell.Namespace(sFolder)

    For Each oFile In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).Files

        If LCase(Right(oFile.Name, 4)) = ".jpg" Then

            sCamera = oFolder.GetDetailsOf(oFolder.Parsename(oFile.name), iCamera)

            oTarget.WriteLine oFile.Path & vbTab & sCamera

        End If

    Next

    For Each oFldr In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).SubFolders

        ProcessFolder(oFldr.Path)

    Next

End Sub

Frederik Long, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

1. Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed - Similar Threads - Search photos taken

2. uploading photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading photos by date taken: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder in file explorer organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  3. Photos won't display entire photo for jpg photos taken with Moultrie Game Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos won't display entire photo for jpg photos taken with Moultrie Game Camera: I can no longer view entire jpg photos taken with my Moultrie Game Camera when I want to view one photo. This includes all jpg photos taken over a period of years which up until now have displayed correctly in their entirety. The entire full photo displays for a second and...
  4. Help, why isn't my camera working? This is a photo taken with the camera program, which...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, why isn't my camera working? This is a photo taken with the camera program, which...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pasha1010 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kevcnz/help_why_isnt_my_camera_working_this_is_a_photo/
  5. Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

in Cortana
    Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry: So, I know that I can do a windows search for a specific date taken when searching through my photos. But, I would like to search for all of the photos which do not have a date taken entry in its properties. Is there a way to do that? If so, Which syntax would I use in the...
  6. How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?: Hello, So I've been having some issues with my pictures being saved where I don't want them to be saved. So my device is Surface Pro 7, which has a camera. Whenever I take pictures using the camera, the pictures automatically go to my Onedrive folder, and the pictures don't...
  7. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...
  8. Organize Photos by Date Taken

Organize Photos by Date Taken: I recently purchased a new computer from Best Buy that came with Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos that I want to organize by DATE TAKEN. All I could get Windows 10 to do was organize them into 3 categories: LAST WEEK, LAST YEAR, and A LONG TIME AGO. Those may not be...
  9. Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App

Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App: Recently, my Camera happy has changed the default name it uses for images to: Win_LongDate from: PC Name_LongDate Is there a way to change how the Camera app names the photos it takes?...
  10. Where was this photo taken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where was this photo taken?: My corporate issued laptop must have some restrictions so the info icon is not showing up. Can anyone tell where this photo is from? Thanks [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/where-was-this-photo-taken/254880ff-ba3e-447f-b477-3b209d8d56b5