Windows 10: Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

Discus and support Search for settings entries in the normal search bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Marron Win User

Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app and then search for 'power options' in the settings search area.

Is there any way I can go back to having the normal search display those settings too?

:)

Marron, Apr 1, 2016
  2. SolidJude Win User

Cannot search for setting in the search bar. Windows 10

Hi Jenith,

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately that didn't work.

Troubleshooting found no issues and restarting Explorer didn't change anything.

I also rebuilt the search index, but the problem still exists.

Any other ideas?

SolidJude, Apr 1, 2016
  3. mmulet Win User
    Cannot search for setting in the search bar. Windows 10

I have exactly the same problem.

Have tried exactly the same things:

1) Troubleshooter - did not find anything

2) Reindexed, rebooted, no changes

3) Restarted windows explorer, with no results.

HELP!!!

mmulet, Apr 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Yes, same issue on mine, 14295.

For now, I use the old-fashioned way.................... right click at Start > Control Panel > View by : small icons > Power options

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar - Similar Threads - Search settings entries

2. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  3. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  4. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  5. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  6. Search bar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar settings: How do I remove this ? It's for international tea day but I don't give a **** about it and want it off my screen. Where can I disable this kind of garbage in my settings ?...
  7. Search bar & Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  8. Search Bars and Passoword Entry

in Cortana
    Search Bars and Passoword Entry: For several months I have not been able to enter anything into any Windows Search bar - Task Bar, Settings etc. I have the same problem when I try to enter my Microsoft Account password from anywhere other than settings I think it only works because it is saved and doesn't...
  9. CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR

in Cortana
    CANT SEARCH IN THE SEARCH BAR, THE CONTROL PANEL BAR OR THE SETTINGS BAR: Whenever i try to type something in the search bar it doesnt type anything but my keyboard is working on google and other programs. I have tried writing the commands in powershell and command prompt, disabled all programs, doing the indexing thing etc. but it is still not...
  10. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"