Windows 10: Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

Discus and support Search for settings entries in the normal search bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Marron Win User

Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app and then search for 'power options' in the settings search area.

Is there any way I can go back to having the normal search display those settings too?

:)

Marron, Apr 1, 2016
  2. SolidJude Win User

Cannot search for setting in the search bar. Windows 10

Hi Jenith,

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately that didn't work.

Troubleshooting found no issues and restarting Explorer didn't change anything.

I also rebuilt the search index, but the problem still exists.

Any other ideas?

SolidJude, Apr 1, 2016
  3. mmulet Win User
    Cannot search for setting in the search bar. Windows 10

I have exactly the same problem.

Have tried exactly the same things:

1) Troubleshooter - did not find anything

2) Reindexed, rebooted, no changes

3) Restarted windows explorer, with no results.

HELP!!!

mmulet, Apr 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Yes, same issue on mine, 14295.

For now, I use the old-fashioned way.................... right click at Start > Control Panel > View by : small icons > Power options

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar - Similar Threads - Search settings entries

2. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  3. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"
  4. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  5. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....
  6. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  7. Search settings

in Cortana
    Search settings: How can I set Search from the taskbar to search local documents only? This should be EASY, but after much searching on the Internet I don't see a simple answer, yet it appears many users want to be able to do this. Note: I don't care about Web search, online or cloud...
  8. Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Bar: Hello, I would like to change a feature on Windows 10, back to the way it was on Windows 7. Currently if I misspell something on the search bar (ex. conrtol panel), it will use Microsoft Edge to google it. I would like it to go back to where if I misspell something, Windows...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...