Windows 10: Search function doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Search function doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Since a few days my Windows 10 search bar doesn't work anymore. When I try to use it I go to the bar, I type something in it and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaffeineAndKush99, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Search function doesn't work anymore

Hello everyone,

Since a few days my Windows 10 search bar doesn't work anymore. When I try to use it I go to the bar, I type something in it and a window does come up. The Windows however is totally empty, normally my search results would pop up here.

I have tried restarting 'search' in Task Manager > services. This did not fix my issue however. I haven't been able to find any working solution online, so I hope someone over here might be able to help! I am on Windows 10 Home version 1909, OS Build 18363.628

submitted by /u/CaffeineAndKush99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaffeineAndKush99, Feb 6, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Search function doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Feb 6, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Feb 6, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Search function doesn't work anymore

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Search function doesn't work anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Search function doesn't work anymore

1. Search function doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Search function doesn't

2. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  3. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore: hello guys , i am having a problem that is really annoying me , the starting menu doesn't appear anymore , no matter the method i use to try to make it pop up , the search bar as well it only appears once, when i restart explorer from manager then won't appear anymore,, this...
  4. start menu and search bar doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Search function not working,...

in Cortana
    Search function not working,...: I only have 1 account on my PC and I realized that from some time ago the search function was unable to search settings or other windows functions, only files, and I did what the internet told me to do and navigated to...
  6. Search function in OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function in OneDrive doesn't work: i've tried the troubleshooting and some recommended solutions but can't use the search bar on any OneDrive folder. Is this a common bug or is it an issue I can fix? submitted by /u/eavesdroppingyou [link] [comments]...
  7. Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update?: Yeah, that's it really, every time I set my laptop to sleep, whenever I come back to it, it's running! This makes me sad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-sleep-function-work-anymore-since/0ca43c77-862f-418d-a277-a73bfa4af1e1
  8. Windows Marketplace Doesn't Function On Desktop Anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Marketplace Doesn't Function On Desktop Anymore: For the past month or so I've been having issues using the Windows Marketplace. Apps don't update nor do they install, and I've tried just about every method recommended to 'restoring it'. I've tried resetting the cache, uninstalling the store then reinstalling, typing...
  9. Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Doesn't Suck Anymore: Search has been getting better and better with every version of Windows, but with 10, it’s it a place where it is legitimately awesome. It found what I was looking for, damn near first time — even if I mistyped the exact name of a file or app, something Windows 8 was always...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935