Windows 10: Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

Discus and support Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J.E.M., Jul 26, 2021.

1. J.E.M. Win User

Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search on my external memory card it only finds files that contain the keyword in the file name, not the whole document. I have tried many fixes including the following:1. Ensuring the external drive is included in indexing locations2. Clicking on "Index Properties and File Contents" in indexing options3. Rebuilding index4. Ensuri

:)

J.E.M., Jul 26, 2021
  2. happita Win User

System Spec search function.

I think it would be a really cool idea if we could search members of this forum and find out who has similar setups. Fellow members could connect with each other and figure out how close their configurations/voltages/temps are in reference to stock clocks or overclocks. And who better than someone who owns exactly what you have can give suggestions on how to fine tune their hardware?

A small search bar designated in the system spec section wouldn't be a bad place for it. If that's not feasible, then it could very well go into the "Advanced Search" section and have the search go by "System Specs" to have it filter out all who has a particular CPU or GPU. I think it would be a good alternative or should I say complimentary to using our regular search, which I usually find frustrating having to scroll through tens if not hundreds of threads to find what I want. What do you guys think?

"Search Entire Posts"
    "Search Titles Only"
    "Search System Specs"

??

happita, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    how to search keywords inside a docx document??

Tsw88,

1. Open File explorer
    2. Go to your C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents folder
    3. If you know that all the relevant docx files are within, say, C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\AllMyStuff then go to that folder but otherwise just stay at C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents
    4. In the upper-right of the File explorer window [inline with the folder address bar] you will see another box, an entry box, showing Search Documents {or whatever is the name of the folder you are in}.
    5. Type your search term Happy in there. You do not need to use any special syntax, just enter the search term.
    6. You will see the search starting to give returns even while you are still typing out Happy.
    7. The search includes all subfolders.

Denis

4. rtwjunkie Win User

Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents - Similar Threads - Search function external

2. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  3. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  4. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search function in OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function in OneDrive doesn't work: i've tried the troubleshooting and some recommended solutions but can't use the search bar on any OneDrive folder. Is this a common bug or is it an issue I can fix? submitted by /u/eavesdroppingyou [link] [comments]...
  6. Search term override?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search term override?!: I use Edge as my primary browser. Cool. But I also have to use Internet Explorer or a non-modern browser to access an NVR setup, because of course Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc won't work with it. I usually just use my keyboard by tapping the "start" key and then start typing...
  7. Searching within Settings fails to find anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within Settings fails to find anything.: When I go into the Windows 10 Settings page and use the search box to find a particular setting I'm looking for it returns nothing, even for items I know are there. What could be causing this? Windows 10 version 2004. 158389
  8. Windows Search Not Finding Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Not Finding Documents: I'm using Windows 10, and every time I search for a document in the search bar, nothing comes up except for Bing search results. This has been happening for a few days now and it may be due to some update as the search results look different than before. I tried running the...
  9. Search function regarding documents

Search function regarding documents: With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it correctly, it comes up after I hit "enter" but I regard this a bug, relative to the previous version of Windows 10....
  10. Search functionality within File Explorer

Search functionality within File Explorer: I read a post from 2017 stating that the functionality to default search preference to "current folder" within the File Explorer is not possible. Has this since changed as it has now been 2 years and it is actually very frustrating to navigate through endless files or have...