Windows 10: Search function Gone

Discus and support Search function Gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Search function Gone in Win menu. And grayed-out in File Explorer "Search this PC" . Can no longer Search for any files or docs. Running Win 10 /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ethyssen1, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ethyssen1 Win User

Search function Gone

Search function Gone in Win menu.

And grayed-out in File Explorer "Search this PC" . Can no longer Search for any files or docs.

Running Win 10 / 64 bit.

:)

ethyssen1, Sep 8, 2020
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2020 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 8, 2020
  4. ginGammel Win User

Search function Gone

Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Search function Gone

1. Search function Gone - Similar Threads - Search function Gone

2. Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning: I just updated Windows tonight and most of my pinned apps on the start menu were gone. I tried searching for them with the search bar but it's unable to find anything. I ran through all the common fixes for the search bar but it still cannot find all the apps. I know some of...
  3. Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning: I just updated Windows tonight and most of my pinned apps on the start menu were gone. I tried searching for them with the search bar but it's unable to find anything. I ran through all the common fixes for the search bar but it still cannot find all the apps. I know some of...
  4. Updated Windows - Most Pinned Apps on Start Gone, Search Barely Functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  6. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  7. Can’t connect to the internet, windows search functions also gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to the internet, windows search functions also gone: So out of the blue I lost connection to the internet. I can connect to the network but it says “no internet, secured”. I tried rebooting it, no use. Other devices are connecting fine and have internet access. I tried a network reset reset, it does nothing. When I try to...
  8. Windows search not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  9. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935