Windows 10: Search function in mail app not working

Discus and support Search function in mail app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraemeWilson777, May 21, 2020.

1. Search function in mail app not working

Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy

Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

:)

GraemeWilson777, May 21, 2020

2. Crucial: Whats wrong with Mail App Search Function

thanks for your suggestion, and no, the windows search index was not the problem. it's the mail app that does not work as expected:

expected behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. return search results containing that keyword

observed behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. no results
    3. search online
    4. still no results and no error msg

MasCaritas, May 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Search function in mail app not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 21, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Search function in mail app not working

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Search function in mail app not working

1. Search function in mail app not working - Similar Threads - Search function mail

2. Search function not working

in Cortana
    Search function not working: Today my search function stopped working. When i try to type something in the search bar, it just crashes - same thing when i try to look for something in the file explorer or just by pressing windows key and typing.I have tried to solve it for the past couple hours, tried...
  3. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function not working: Today my search function stopped working. When i try to type something in the search bar, it just crashes - same thing when i try to look for something in the file explorer or just by pressing windows key and typing.I have tried to solve it for the past couple hours, tried...
  4. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  6. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  7. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  8. Search function not working,...

in Cortana
    Search function not working,...: I only have 1 account on my PC and I realized that from some time ago the search function was unable to search settings or other windows functions, only files, and I did what the internet told me to do and navigated to...
  9. Searching function not working

in Cortana
    Searching function not working: Hello, My PC is in Win10. While I would like to open an app e.g calculator, I push win key then type "Calculator" but the searching box doesn't show anything like it does before: [ATTACH] How to fix this?...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt search function work on Mail app