Windows 10: Search function in mail app not working

Discus and support Search function in mail app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GraemeWilson777, May 21, 2020.

1. Search function in mail app not working

Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy

Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

:)

GraemeWilson777, May 21, 2020

2. Crucial: Whats wrong with Mail App Search Function

thanks for your suggestion, and no, the windows search index was not the problem. it's the mail app that does not work as expected:

expected behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. return search results containing that keyword

observed behavior:

1. type a keyword
    2. no results
    3. search online
    4. still no results and no error msg

MasCaritas, May 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Search function in mail app not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 21, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Search function in mail app not working

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Search function in mail app not working

1. Search function in mail app not working - Similar Threads - Search function mail

2. Outlook 2013 search function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook 2013 search function not working: whenever i search for keywords in resent mails, it only find mails that are a year or two years old. i have tried searching for my most resent mail with all keywords right. and it still does not work. despite me doing every fix from this link.......
  3. Search function doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function doesn't work anymore: Hello everyone, Since a few days my Windows 10 search bar doesn't work anymore. When I try to use it I go to the bar, I type something in it and a window does come up. The Windows however is totally empty, normally my search results would pop up here. I have tried...
  4. Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App: People Search Not Working Correctly: Up until yesterday, when using Windows Mail app, when we wanted to locate the email address for a recipient, we could type a string in the To: field, and the contacts in the People app would be searched for that string in the contacts' first or last name, As of toady, the...
  5. Windows 10 search function not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search function not working: Hi, After updating my windows to 1903, my windows search is not working at all. When i go to type something in, the tab is blank and nothing I type has any response. I created a temporary account and signed into that one and it works perfectly fine, but on my account it...
  6. Search function not working in any folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function not working in any folder: Hey, I noticed a week ago or something like that when I was gonna search for a picture in one of my folders that the search function wasn't working as intended. I didn't think much of it then and decided to just find the picture by scrolling through a bit since I figured...
  7. Searching function not working

in Cortana
    Searching function not working: Hello, My PC is in Win10. While I would like to open an app e.g calculator, I push win key then type "Calculator" but the searching box doesn't show anything like it does before: [ATTACH] How to fix this?...
  8. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c
  9. Windows 10 search function is not working.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function is not working.: Nothing happens when I try to use the search function on my Windows 10 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-function-is-not-working/f240d2f8-7f03-4e53-a915-6fcb7004e352"
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt search function work on Mail app