Windows 10: Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

Discus and support Search function in Win10 will not search C drive in Cortana to solve the problem; I've tried altering the search parameters with in the 'settings ' to include the C:/ drive and have tried rebuild and it still only searches mainly... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by WhoknowsWH, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

I've tried altering the search parameters with in the 'settings ' to include the C:/ drive and have tried rebuild and it still only searches mainly Bing and occasionally my files. Can I delete this and either download it again or is there anothr commercial app which does actually search the pc rather than act as an ad for Bing?

Thanks

:)

WhoknowsWH, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Kaail Win User

Search function only searches C: drive

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the reply nonetheless. I ran the commands like you suggested and both commands completed successfully but it detected to corruption and the search function still does not find anything that isn't on the C: drive.

Search function in Win10 will not search C drive 70e294c0-f920-439e-abbe-a5c077642859.png

Kaail, Apr 4, 2020
  3. ginGammel Win User
    Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

The search function - Win10

This is the slowest, most painfull way to find files I can imagine.

Is it possible to cache the elements on a network drive, or any other way to make this search more efficient? It takes literally minutes to do a few searches, wich is a complete waste of time.

And why in the world would it start the search over again, just because I choose to rearrange the list - by size, date etc?

Will you ever make this function not a rageinducing experience?

Sincerely,

-Ole

OleSigvartsen, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

1. Search function in Win10 will not search C drive - Similar Threads - Search function Win10

2. Win10 keeps shutting off c drive search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 keeps shutting off c drive search: ive fixed this with troubleshooter, wiped windows dozens of times, still same problem with the windows search turning off by itself even on fresh windows installs... this is going to fry my hdd if it doesnt stop cause it keeps my hdd running 100% easily and freezes up my...
  3. Win10 keeps shutting off c drive search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 keeps shutting off c drive search: ive fixed this with troubleshooter, wiped windows dozens of times, still same problem with the windows search turning off by itself even on fresh windows installs... this is going to fry my hdd if it doesnt stop cause it keeps my hdd running 100% easily and freezes up my...
  4. Win10 keeps shutting off c drive search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  6. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  7. Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.: Initially I thought the problem was not being able to unlock the taskbar. settings set to unlock for desktop & tablet modes. Desktop wallpaper appears washed out until the brief switching time when a web browser is initiated. Also the Task View icon on the Taskbar allows...
  8. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  9. the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the search function is unresponsive (search windows): when go to type something in the search box, it brings up the requested program. but, when click it, nothing happens. I would have to go to start menu and click from there*Shock 78448
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search function does not see c: drive