Windows 10: Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004

Discus and support Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, My PC updated itself to 2004 this afternoon. It took a couple of hours. Since restarting it is slower to boot than it was. Once booted the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PaulF2ZB, Jul 3, 2020.

1. PaulF2ZB Win User

Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004

Hello,

My PC updated itself to 2004 this afternoon. It took a couple of hours.

Since restarting it is slower to boot than it was. Once booted the search function from the toolbar doesn't work at all. All I get is a black box above the query form.

The settings pages are all extremely slow to the point of being unusable. Each page takes ages to load and until it is none of the linking pages can be opened from the links on the left. Each page takes far far too long to load.

Prior to this update I was on 1909 and this was great. The system was fast and everything worked. Now it's really frustrating.

Is anyone else having these problems?

:)

PaulF2ZB, Jul 3, 2020

2. Very very slow computer

Apparently this laptop does have a very sluggish processor in it which you cannot change.

( NOTE !!! ) : Always make a restore point when changing internal setting of the computer so if a failure does occur you can restore to the previous setting.

To gain back a bit of speed i would try this.

Uninstall any software that you have added over time and don`t use very often.

Uninstall apps that you don`t use.

Adjust Visual Effects .

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type performance, then select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    2. On the Visual Effects tab,you can select Adjust for best performance > Apply.
    3. Restart your PC and see if that speeds up your PC.
    4. ( NOTE !!! ) :This of course will change certain appearances of how windows will look.
    5. Turn OFF any Services that are not required to run automatically.
    6. ( PLEASE NOTE !!! ) : This section is more for a person with an in-depth well versed knowledge on how a computer works and functions as this alters settings which can stop a computer from functioning properly
      if at all.
    7. More for a professional so to speak.
    8. Add more memory if possible.

Frank N St31n, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Very Slow start menu search

Hi Team,

I have a suggestion for windows 10, i think there is some issue with start menu search it is very slow. when you trying to search any program through that search bar it take so much time. please try to resolve it.

keep up the good work!!

Thanks,

Rohit

Moved from Insider

ROHITCHATURVEDI, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004

networking very slow since creators update

networking very slow since creators update

RobertBoccia, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004

1. Search function not working & settings pages very very slow since update to 2004 - Similar Threads - Search function working

2. Settings app not working, search bar not working, system just very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app not working, search bar not working, system just very slow: Hello. I just upgraded my new laptop ASUS Zephyrus ROG to win 11 and all I have encountered is despair. The settings app opens but does not open any tab just keeps loading forever until it just automatically closes with no message of what happened I cannot even go back to win...
  3. Settings app not working, search bar not working, system just very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app not working, search bar not working, system just very slow: Hello. I just upgraded my new laptop ASUS Zephyrus ROG to win 11 and all I have encountered is despair. The settings app opens but does not open any tab just keeps loading forever until it just automatically closes with no message of what happened I cannot even go back to win...
  4. Updating very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating very slow.: I just downloaded the update assistant & updating my windows version. But after downloading it is taking very long time to complete it. I am stuck at 95% of completing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-very-slow/07a2a5b7-4fe2-4c0e-9f9f-667e399a561d
  5. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  6. Very slow boot up since 2004 update on HP Pavillion laptop

Very slow boot up since 2004 update on HP Pavillion laptop: Hello I upgraded to windows 10 2004 update yesterday and it now takes 5 minutes to completely boot up, it used to take 15 seconds prior to these updates, its just really slow to boot, I have turned off fast boot, checked start up items and disabled them all, i have restarted...
  7. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,: My Windows 10 starting on very slow after windows 10 , 2004 update now what i do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-booting-very-slow-after-2004-update/795f6886-8305-4555-b769-a6ca3cd7cc75
  8. Battery very slow to charge since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery very slow to charge since update: I have a Linx Vision 004 tablet, since the update now the battery takes forever to charge, never had the problem before the update, I have tried a new charging cable and still the same....
  9. Very slow home page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow home page: Good day to all. Since the last windows update having some issues with the slow home screen to open using edge windows 10 home. I ran the trouble shooter facilities that are built in windows ten and this box showed one of the results. Any one assist me please. [img]...
  10. PC very slow since windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC very slow since windows update: Hi Guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd. I have 16 gig of memory. It is running extremely slow. All programs, including Chrome, are taking 5 or 6 times longer to load. I have checked everything I can think of. I ran Disc Cleanup. I ran...