Windows 10: Search function regarding documents

Discus and support Search function regarding documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephenMoe, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Search function regarding documents

With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it correctly, it comes up after I hit "enter" but I regard this a bug, relative to the previous version of Windows 10.

:)

StephenMoe, Feb 5, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Feb 5, 2020
  3. ginGammel Win User
    Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Search function regarding documents

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Search function regarding documents

1. Search function regarding documents - Similar Threads - Search function regarding

2. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  3. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  4. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Regarding functions key problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding functions key problems: Nearly all the functions keys on my laptop work well except for F7 and F9. When I press fn + F7 or fn + F9, it doesn't work while the other buttons don't have any problems. I ran into this problem when I updated to Windows 11. How to fix this? Please help me.I am using ASUS...
  6. Regarding functions key problems

Regarding functions key problems: Nearly all the functions keys on my laptop work well except for F7 and F9. When I press fn + F7 or fn + F9, it doesn't work while the other buttons don't have any problems. I ran into this problem when I updated to Windows 11. How to fix this? Please help me.I am using ASUS...
  7. Search for documents

Search for documents: In Windows 7, I used to be able to type in the name of a person, or other word that may be contained in a document in the search bar, and it would find that document. Now, it won't find the document unless I type the name I saved it as. Sometimes I don't remember how I saved...
  8. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents: On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search...
  9. Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.

Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.: mainly while saving in adobe--but seen it while saving other things too office basically--they are printing to Adobe to save as PDF. in the upper right of the save as popup window, there is a "search" box. that is grayed out and the user cannot enter anything in that box....
  10. Document Searches

Document Searches: Yesterday I installed Windows 10 I an trying to search a large document folder for a specific visio file .vsd. So I opened File Explorer and selected the document folder. According to many solutions I have read, when I hover my cursor in the "Seach Documents Cell" to the...