Windows 10: Search Highlights !!

Discus and support Search Highlights !! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just downloaded KB5012599 and thought the new "Search HIghlights" would be installed but can't see it ! Have I read it wrong like I did last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Search Highlights !!

I have just downloaded KB5012599 and thought the new "Search HIghlights" would be installed but can't see it ! Have I read it wrong like I did last month ? Maybe it will be released at a later date ! Unless of course I have to switch or turn something on !Brian Windows 10 21H2

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Apr 13, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 13, 2022
  3. Highlight search terms in a Windows 10 browser on Windows tablet.

Original Title: Highlight search terms in browser on a Windows tablet?

I'm having trouble finding the following combination:

• A browser that works well on a Windows 10 tablet
    • The ability to highlight search terms on a web page
    Firefox (at least the 32 bit version) doesn't work well with "pinch to zoom", so it is very annoying on a tablet. But it has a good add-on for highlighting search terms, called SearchWP.

The other three browsers work well on Windows tablets, but I haven't found a good way to highlight search terms.

• Internet Explorer can use the Google Toolbar highlights, but the Google Toolbar seems abandoned and it doesn't seem safe to use abandoned tools.
    • Edge doesn't have any extensions yet.
    • Chrome has extensions such as efTwo, but I can't get the highlighting of search terms to work, and others report the same problem in the reviews.
    Has anyone found a good solution for highlighting search terms on a browser for a Windows 10 tablet?

Mickey Segal, Apr 13, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Search Highlights !!

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is no option to search on the highlighted text in Microsoft Edge. I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer so that you can use the search option on the highlighted text.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issue on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

Search Highlights !!

1. Search Highlights !! - Similar Threads - Search Highlights

2. How can Copilot be removed from Search window without removing highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Copilot be removed from Search window without removing highlights: After a recent update, there were changes to the search feature and copilot was added. How do I remove copilot from Windows 11 Search bar and replace it with daily highlights...
  3. How can Copilot be removed from Search window without removing highlights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Copilot be removed from Search window without removing highlights: After a recent update, there were changes to the search feature and copilot was added. How do I remove copilot from Windows 11 Search bar and replace it with daily highlights...
  4. Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search: So, this is another issue that has happened me after I reseted my laptop. Now search highlights aint showing, its enable on both group policy and registry but it isn't appearing. I went to the secret administrator account and it appears there. Idk how to fix this issue. Im...
  5. Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search

Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search: So, this is another issue that has happened me after I reseted my laptop. Now search highlights aint showing, its enable on both group policy and registry but it isn't appearing. I went to the secret administrator account and it appears there. Idk how to fix this issue. Im...
  6. Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix?

Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix?: Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix? Bob G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-of-documents-does-not-highlight-files-as/99c20817-9095-41f5-858f-54964fadeb47
  7. Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix?: Search of documents does not highlight files as before. Is there a fix? Bob G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-of-documents-does-not-highlight-files-as/99c20817-9095-41f5-858f-54964fadeb47
  8. Search Highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights: Hi. In November 1st, 2023, my Search Highlights showed the icon of the event of Day of the Dead, but when i signed in my account on a second computer I logged out the local account and signed in with my account, it changed the Search Highlights to a different event in my...
  9. Search Highlights

Search Highlights: Hi. In November 1st, 2023, my Search Highlights showed the icon of the event of Day of the Dead, but when i signed in my account on a second computer I logged out the local account and signed in with my account, it changed the Search Highlights to a different event in my...
  10. Short Cut Keys - Suddenly Control + Shift + Arrow Keys Won't Highlight In Amazon 'Search'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Cut Keys - Suddenly Control + Shift + Arrow Keys Won't Highlight In Amazon 'Search': Any idea why this simple function is suddenly unavailable -causing me to have to GRAB THE MOUSE TO HIGHLIGHT and change the search phrasing?...